Iver Hicarte

Distinguished
May 7, 2016
I have this habit of opening 3 or more games simultaneously so that way if I ever get tired of playing a game, I just move onto the next one open. I've noticed that when there are 3 games open, specifically Yakuza 6, Team Fortress 2 and Resident Evil 4, the FPS drops especially in RE4, so the performance reduction to my estimate is about 15-20%, but in TF2 and Yakuza 6, the performance is the same. I've looked at my performance metrics through MSI Afterburner and my RAM utilization is up to about 15GB max while my system has 32GB, so the ram shouldn't be the issue. My CPU is the Ryzen 9 5950X and my GPU is the ASUS TUF 6700XT. I'm thinking maybe it's the SSD the games are installed on or even the GPU, maybe the GPU can only allocate its resources to one game at a time? What's the bottleneck in my system? Also, I only play at 1080p max settings with image sharpening turned on in the software to simulate 1440p and for a sharper image overall.

Lutfij

Titan
Why not just open a game one at a time? It's unconventional what you're doing, in spite of having high end componentry(from what you're mentioned in limited capacity , above with, CPU and GPU).

For the sake of relevance, please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

Iver Hicarte

Distinguished
May 7, 2016
Why not just open a game one at a time? It's unconventional what you're doing, in spite of having high end componentry(from what you're mentioned in limited capacity , above with, CPU and GPU).

For the sake of relevance, please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.
CPU: Ryzen 9 5950X
CPU cooler: Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO
Motherboard: ASUS B550-F Gaming
Ram: 32GB 3200Mhz Kingston Fury Beast
SSD/HDD: Samsung 850 Evo, WD Caviar Blue 7200RPM, SanDisk Ultra SSD (ALL 1TB DRIVES)
GPU: ASUS TUF 6700XT
PSU: Corsair RMI 750 watts 80 plus gold (bought it new, been using it for 7 years)
Chassis: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Mid-Tower
Monitor: ASUS VG278Q 144hz 27-inch

I know it's unconventional, but I hate opening and closing and waiting for the game to load, why not just have it open so when you play it again you just unpause and continue whatever you're doing.