Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2018
Im having spikess what should i do??? Any setting i should turn off from amd radeon software?
I tried installing msi afterburner and turn on unified usage monitoring but that didnt quite work.
I ran fortnite (yes) to screenshot the spikes for you
Is this normal? I also sometimes have spikes when i have no games running just google.

SCREENSHOT
Untitled.png

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Specs:
CPU Ryzen 5 1600
MOBO Gigabyte-A320M-S2H rev 1
RAM G.skil aegis 8gb 3000mhz ddr4
PSU Thermaltake Smart RGB 500w
GPU Sapphire radeon rx 580 8gb pulse
Are you monitoring EACH cpu thread and ram usage in game?
Temps?

If it's not the game engine or temps doing it, then the drops are being caused by the gpu having to wait on the cpu or the ram.

Motherboard drivers and gpu drivers are up to date?

May 29, 2018
Are you monitoring EACH cpu thread and ram usage in game?
Temps?

If it's not the game engine or temps doing it, then the drops are being caused by the gpu having to wait on the cpu or the ram.

Motherboard drivers and gpu drivers are up to date?
Cpu usage is less than 15 at around 10
Ram usage is at 60+ ~65
Gpus Vram is at 16
Is Radeon Chill activated ? If so, it will make GPU usage fluctuates depending on what happens during the game...
Radeon Chill is deactivated should i activate it??

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Cpu usage is less than 15 at around 10
Don't look at cpu usage as a whole - that is the wrong way to do it. It has to be EACH core/thread, because a cpu limitation can occur on just a single core/thread.

65% ram usage is kinda up there, though it shouldn't be causing slowdowns yet.
Is A-XMP/DOCP actually enabled in the bios? Otherwise your ram isn't running at 3000mhz.

May 29, 2018
Don't look at cpu usage as a whole - that is the wrong way to do it. It has to be EACH core/thread, because a cpu limitation can occur on just a single core/thread.

65% ram usage is kinda up there, though it shouldn't be causing slowdowns yet.
Is A-XMP/DOCP actually enabled in the bios? Otherwise your ram isn't running at 3000mhz.
Xmp is enebled ram is running at 3000 mhz

Jun 3, 2020
Is the constant spike normal?Im experiencing the same. With no workload my temp is below 60° but you will see gpu spike to 100% from time to time. I bought mine as second hand. Just want to make sure its not broken. Any recommendations to check further?

Jun 9, 2020
Did this get a solution as I'm having same problem but I'm getting really bad FPS drops and every game is literally unplayable. Like can't play anything at all, fortnite for example just keeps dropping from 40>20>10>20 literally all over the place and when in game is slow and stuttery and can't keep up, I don't know if this is why but mine does same, any ideas would be appreciated thanks

Jun 12, 2020
My friend had a same issue, he also has a RX580 8GB by Sapphire (Nitro+). I solved the problem, it was related to Discord in his case, after deinstalling it (and also deleting all the files in %appdata%/roaming/discord) and then giving it a clean install it worked fine again. I hope I can help some of you... I ofc don't know if your problems are the same but anyways :)
Have a good day!

Reactions: Br7274
Jun 23, 2020
Im having the same problem, I personaly built my pc less than a year ago and i cant remember if this was happening at the begining or not becouse I didnt pay attention to it. Games run normal so far no problems what so ever, no crashes, no random restarts, no major fps drops everything is basicly normal, but i did notice not long ago when i was monitoring the preformance that in GTA V the usage was spiking a bit like in the range of 40%-100%. It says on 100% for a few seconds than it dips to 40% than sometimes starts going up step by step, sometimes it imediatly jumps back to 100% and just like that goes in circles... Maybe im bottlenecking my ram becouse in GTA V and COD Warzone it does stand pretty high in %, its just one stick of 8gbs sou could it be that idk. the graphic card is second hand and the guy i bought it from claims it was used like a month or so before i bought it... Now could it be that its old or that he was using it in a mining rig im not sure. Here are the specs :
PSU: Corsair RM750x the 2015 version (also second hand but not used mutch)
GPU: AMD RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+ SE 8gb
RAM: HyperX Fury 1x8gb 3200MHz CL18
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
Mobo: Asus Prime a320m-k

https://prnt.sc/t55l4h

The link above is what it looks like in idle with me just moving my mouse in the monitoring program...

Jun 30, 2020
Im having the same problem, I personaly built my pc less than a year ago and i cant remember if this was happening at the begining or not becouse I didnt pay attention to it. Games run normal so far no problems what so ever, no crashes, no random restarts, no major fps drops everything is basicly normal, but i did notice not long ago when i was monitoring the preformance that in GTA V the usage was spiking a bit like in the range of 40%-100%. It says on 100% for a few seconds than it dips to 40% than sometimes starts going up step by step, sometimes it imediatly jumps back to 100% and just like that goes in circles... Maybe im bottlenecking my ram becouse in GTA V and COD Warzone it does stand pretty high in %, its just one stick of 8gbs sou could it be that idk. the graphic card is second hand and the guy i bought it from claims it was used like a month or so before i bought it... Now could it be that its old or that he was using it in a mining rig im not sure. Here are the specs :
PSU: Corsair RM750x the 2015 version (also second hand but not used mutch)
GPU: AMD RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+ SE 8gb
RAM: HyperX Fury 1x8gb 3200MHz CL18
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
Mobo: Asus Prime a320m-k

https://prnt.sc/t55l4h

The link above is what it looks like in idle with me just moving my mouse in the monitoring program...
Same prob for me here too. Then after a short amount of time, my pc suddenly crashes and for example, if my loading screen is purple, the screen would crash and display that color and then crash and blame it on my ram. i just want to make sure if it is a hardware problem, then i need to know what hardware it is that needs fixing

Reactions: Certechki
Status
Not open for further replies.