EzRa_KurLz

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2015
I got a new hard drive and plugged it in ive already checked the cables everything's fine the hard drive even pops up on my disk manager already but for some reason I don't get the option to format it and I just said screw it and tried making a spanned volume and it didn't do anything. Is there any fixes to this or am I just screwed

Solution
I've done that in the screen shot it only shows those options for the drive but ill check again
You have clicked on area, where "Disk 1"is written.
You have to click in unallocated space (black color area).

237590d1560831207t-unable-create-new-simple-volume-2-flash-drives-already-destroyed-not_greyed_out.png

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
it looks like the new volume options is greyed out and it does not offer the simple volume option which is really what is needed.

i'm not sure what's going on there based on the pic. i would convert it to gpt first and see if that frees up the options

EzRa_KurLz

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2015
it looks like the new volume options is greyed out and it does not offer the simple volume option which is really what is needed.

i'm not sure what's going on there based on the pic. i would convert it to gpt first and see if that frees up the options

ill try again once I'm home im currently at work but I've tried a bunch of different things including converting to GPT