swiiftaj

Prominent
Nov 26, 2018
so i just bought a brand new pc for my brother from best buy its a cyberpower pc. its a ryzden 3700x with 2070 super and 2tbhhd and like 250gb ssd. so it has both, as u can tell from me buying a prebuild im pretty ignorant when it comes to pc but i do know a thing or 2 . so as soon as we get home and start it up its been having this on the screen, i looked thru several threads and some say i need to reorder the order bios wants to boot the devices? i think i get into bios and it doesnt give me an option to change the order , i think i only see 1 thing there even , should i see the ssd and hhd? i dont know where to even begin, i think i made sure all the wires in pc were tight but i cant even figure out what the ssd or harddrive is in the first place. any help is appriciated. and if u could personally discord me that would be AMAZING so i can send u pics and faster process. thanks and my discord is AyeJay#5596

Solution
OK, you need to be mindful of where things are installed.
You have a 250GB SSD, and that will fill up quickly if you're not careful.

Downloads through your browser, change that to a new folder on your D drive.

Steam games, you can have them on both.
A single AAA game that takes up 100GB will quickly eat up your SSD.

Steam games location
In the steam client:
Steam
Settings
Downloads
Steam Library Folders
Add library folder
q24sFfe.png

swiiftaj

Prominent
Nov 26, 2018
i just got a new prebuilt pc, it has 2tb hdd and 256gb ssd, when we first went to turn it on the systems wouldnt boot up and i had to do a fresh install of windows myself. now i got the pc up and running but out of curiosity i went to the storage to double check everything was good but it only shows 1 thing, local disk (c:). shouldnt it also show the ssd, isnt ssd for when i install games i put them there because ssd is the faster of the 2? sorry im pretty ignorant with computers thanks for the help in advance!

swiiftaj

Prominent
Nov 26, 2018
i just got a new prebuilt pc, it has 2tb hdd and 256gb ssd, when we first went to turn it on the systems wouldnt boot up and i had to do a fresh install of windows myself. now i got the pc up and running but out of curiosity i went to the storage to double check everything was good but it only shows 1 thing, local disk (c:). shouldnt it also show the ssd, isnt ssd for when i install games i put them there because ssd is the faster of the 2? sorry im pretty ignorant with computers thanks for the help in advance!https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/514525689689538574/691465978277658644/image0.jpg https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/514525689689538574/691465969939382272/image0.jpg https://media.discordapp.net/attach...5959726121030/image0.jpg?width=349&height=465

swiiftaj

Prominent
Nov 26, 2018

USAFRet

Titan
From your description of it not booting up, right out of the box.
And then what YOU did to it....

TAKE IT BACK TO THE STORE and get a new one.

You should NOT have had to do an install of the OS, and you absolutely did not do it correctly.

Take
It
Back

I'm not joking.

swiiftaj

Prominent
Nov 26, 2018
From your description of it not booting up, right out of the box.
And then what YOU did to it....

TAKE IT BACK TO THE STORE and get a new one.

You should NOT have had to do an install of the OS, and you absolutely did not do it correctly.

Take
It
Back

I'm not joking.
dang now im all scared. u think they will defflently take it back since ive already opend and messed with it a bit? it was litterly today we got it . do u think i should try to get a new pc or just get my money back. what about worst case sanairo and they dont take it back. what did i do so wrong when installing how bad of mistake did i make is it reverseable?

swiiftaj

Prominent
Nov 26, 2018
dang now im all scared. u think they will defflently take it back since ive already opend and messed with it a bit? it was litterly today we got it . do u think i should try to get a new pc or just get my money back. what about worst case sanairo and they dont take it back. what did i do so wrong when installing how bad of mistake did i make is it reverseable?
also thanks so much for takeing the time to help me man

USAFRet

Titan
They should take it back, or at least "fix it".

A brand new PC should simply just boot up. You personally should not have to do whatever it is you did.
Seeing as it did not boot up right out of the box...what else is wrong with it? No idea.
I absolutely would not accept a system in that condition.

swiiftaj

Prominent
Nov 26, 2018
They should take it back, or at least "fix it".

A brand new PC should simply just boot up. You personally should not have to do whatever it is you did.
Seeing as it did not boot up right out of the box...what else is wrong with it? No idea.
I absolutely would not accept a system in that condition.
going to take it back for an exchange around 3pm est tommrow and will defflently keep u updated. should i just turn it off leave it as is to return it or should i delete all my stuff off of it first. there isnt any personal info on there yet anyways

swiiftaj

Prominent
Nov 26, 2018
Delete your stuff.
hey so i went to a diffrent bestbuy and they exchanged it out no problem. got the same exact pc. get it home and it starts running no problem. seems likes everythings perfect! thanks for ur advice man who knows the troubles it saved me down the line. is there any other things u recremond i do to just tripple check everything is a okay. sending links to the disk management just so u can see
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/514525689689538574/691757198904393818/unknown.png https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/514525689689538574/691757228956319754/image0.jpg

USAFRet

Titan
OK, you need to be mindful of where things are installed.
You have a 250GB SSD, and that will fill up quickly if you're not careful.

Downloads through your browser, change that to a new folder on your D drive.

Steam games, you can have them on both.
A single AAA game that takes up 100GB will quickly eat up your SSD.

Steam games location
In the steam client:
Steam
Settings
Downloads
Steam Library Folders
Add library folder
q24sFfe.png

Solution