Dec 8, 2018
I bought new pc and i planning to building it tomorrow my psu is semi modular Corsair TX550M ,but i'm not sure yet in which of those psu modular cable ports i need to plug sata and pci-e cables

Last edited:
Solution
Edited above.

I believe all 6 pins can be used anyway. But regardless you should find the cables are "keyed" so you can only insert them into the correct ones.
I believ yours comes with 1 CPU cable, and 3 Peripheral/SATA cables, thus why i believe it is all 3 6 pins you can use.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
What you need to plug in will completely depend on the rest of your system and the cables of the PSU.
You will want SATA ones from storage drives and optical drives.
You will want the PCIe for GPU and any other potential PCIe expansion cards.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Edited above.

I believe all 6 pins can be used anyway. But regardless you should find the cables are "keyed" so you can only insert them into the correct ones.
I believ yours comes with 1 CPU cable, and 3 Peripheral/SATA cables, thus why i believe it is all 3 6 pins you can use.

Solution
Dec 8, 2018
Edited above.

8pin port is for pci-e ,yes?