nospecgamer

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
For the past 4 Months my new Custom PC was running fine and was doing great in games. I bought Star Wars Battlefront II a few weeks ago and I was enjoying the game with my FPS on High at around 80+ in the demanding maps. I had no sort of overclock to my PC and the temps were fine. But for some reason 2 Days ago, the frames had started to drop and stutter. I can't play High settings, but only on Medium settings at 50 FPS average. I even overclocked my GPU and it still didn't help at all. Even on medium settings when it gets to chaos it drops to 30 FPS. The only time I did something to the PC Hardware was when i installed a Liquid Cooler AIO. Thats it. I don't know that much of computers so I don't know any way of figuring out some errors or things like that. I found the FPS from using Origin Overlay.

My PC SPECS:

Ryzen 2600
RX 580 4 GB Nitro+ (Both 6 Pin and 8 Pin are plugged in)
16 GB 3000MHZ D41 RAM
ASRock b450 Pro4
EVGA B3 750w+ Bronze
1 TB Western Digital Blue
120 GB Kingston SSD
GamerStorm RGB 240ex AIO
5x Airflow fans

nospecgamer

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
I've played Battlefront II for about 2 Months now, and i've been getting high FPS on High Settings without significant stutter. I had no problems running the game on the Frostbite Engine, the temperatures are fine and normal. But a few days ago I started to realize the choppy feeling of my frames, I turned on FPS Overlay from Origin and it showed 50 FPS in intense scenes on medium settings. High settings is even worse too, usually my normal FPS on Medium settings when I want some higher FPS, it would be like 90 FPS or 120 FPS. But now, even with V-Sync turned on and some adjustments made to the Graphics, it still struggles to keep 60 FPS in intense scenes on Medium. I can feel how choppy it is. On the less intensive scenes I get around 80 FPS. What worry's me is that before I could play on High and Ultra with High Processing without much issues, but now I can't even play on Medium. I've never done Overclocking, the last thing I did to my PC was add a 240m AIO for the CPU and a Funko Pop for the PC.

I have a:

RX 580 Nitro+
Ryzen 2600
16 GB 3000MHZ RAM
1 TB WD HDD
120 SSD
750w B3 PSU
5x Fans

nospecgamer

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
temp fine as in?
how full is the ssd? that the os drive?

Yes it is indeed my OS Drive, I don’t know how to test temps in-game so all I did was alt-tab fast and by the looks of it the CPU is so far fine around 37c because it’s a liquid cooler on a 2600 which is overkill. My games are stored on the 1 tb hdd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRENDING THREADS