Apr 29, 2020
so usually when i play fortnite, my GPU is usually averaging 83C when my fan is 50%, and i always prefer 50% because any higher is to loud for my fan. So my main question is, is it ok to run at 83C with my GPU? (if not i can put my fan to 80 percent, but i rather not because its to loud)

GPU: 2070 super

Aug 17, 2020
If the GPU is more than 2-3 years old or have enough game time on it, try replacing its thermal paste with a new one and check it on 50% fan speed, if it still crosses 75*c, increase its fan speed and bear with its sound or if u have the budget, upgrade yr GPU.

Seriously dont even consider repasting a gpu as new as a 2070!!

If youb want to run a gpu at 50% fans then cae airflow and ambient temps play a big part in this.

It's doable but only in certain scenarios.

What are your ambient temps and case/fan confifuration??

Also consider limiting fps, which will lower gpu usage and temps.

If youre running a 2070 on fortnite at 100% utilisation you're probably hitting 300fps which is absolutely pointless.

If the GPU is more than 2-3 years old or have enough game time on it, try replacing its thermal paste with a new one and check it on 50% fan speed, if it still crosses 75*c, increase its fan speed and bear with its sound or if u have the budget, upgrade yr GPU.

He has a 2070 super; those have only been out for like a year. The paste should still be in good condition and he has no reason to upgrade with an almost new $500 GPU.

50% fan speed is low when gaming; either increase fan speed or improve your case airflow.