CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super
PSU: Corsair CX 550W
Mobo: MSI X470 Gaming Plus
Memory: 2x8GB Team Group 3200 DDR4
HDD: 2TB Hitachi (HUA7222020ALA331)

Here is my BIOS version: A.90

My SSD that I'm trying to install: 500GB WD Blue SN550 NVMe

FYI my PC is already up and running fine with my HDD (already played hundreds of hours on steam... where did my time go). I just want to add an SSD.

My PC works fine with all these components. Just, you know, slow because of that $30 2TB HDD. So, I wanted to upgrade and bought a 500GB WD Blue SN550 NVMe SSD... but my monitor will not turn on when I install my SSD (although, my PC turns on fine, fans running with RGB and all). I can't even get into my bios. Just a black screen, taunting me. When I remove the SSD, my computer works as normal (just painfully slow... like normal). I thought that maybe the M.2 slot was interfering with my SATA port that connects my SSD (I installed on the second M.2 slot, but this doesn't interfere with the 3rd SATA port). So then I thought it might be trying to boot up my SSD first, instead of my HDD with all my info on it. So, without my SSD, I went into BIOS and made my HDD a priority. I still have the same problem. Please help, smart people!

Solution
First off, here are my specs:

FYI my PC is already up and running fine with my HDD (already played hundreds of hours on steam... where did my time go). I just want to add an SSD.

My PC works fine with all these components. Just, you know, slow because of that $30 2TB HDD. So, I wanted to upgrade and bought a 500GB WD Blue SN550 NVMe SSD... but my monitor will not turn on when I install my SSD (although, my PC turns on fine...

RealBeast

Titan
First off, here are my specs:

My PC works fine with all these components. Just, you know, slow because of that $30 2TB HDD. So, I wanted to upgrade and bought a 500GB WD Blue SN550 NVMe SSD... but my monitor will not turn on when I install my SSD (although, my PC turns on fine, fans running with RGB and all). I can't even get into my bios. Just a black screen, taunting me. When I remove the SSD, my computer works as normal (just painfully slow... like normal). I thought that maybe the M.2 slot was interfering with my SATA port that connects my SSD (I installed on the second M.2 slot, but this doesn't interfere with the 3rd SATA port). So then I thought it might be trying to boot up my SSD first, instead of my HDD with all my info on it. So, without my SSD, I went into BIOS and made my HDD a priority. I still have the same problem. Please help, smart people!
Are you able to boot to an install point with ONLY the SSD attached (no other data or OS drives, just a Windows installer USB stick? You may also need to clear the CMOS prior to the startup after removing all the other drives.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS