Question My PC's Boot time has increased from under 10 seconds to over 1 minute.

Feb 2, 2020
So I was playing CSGO and there was a powercut in my area and when the power came back and I booted my PC and my monitor showed a black screen for about a minute and then it booted up. I even tried to reboot my PC and everytime this only seems to happen.

I have a pretty decent build . My build:
Ryzen 5 2600x
Corsair vengeance 16gb 3000mhz
Zotac rtx 2060 amp edition
WD 256gb m.2 nvme (Boot drive)
Seagate 1tb HDD (7200rpm)
Cooler Master 600w psu
Msi b450 tomahawk

I update my windows regularly and have the latest windows 10 ver.

And I can't seem to figure out whether it's a software or a hardware problem.

P.S. my PC works just fine after the extremely long Boot time and I get normal Fps in games and experience no lag while switching programs whatsoever.

Please help me!!!!!!!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the model for your CoolerMaster PSU? Also, I'd suggest that you backup any and/or all critical content from your SSD(boot drive) in case you will need to reinstall the OS. Might want to go into BIOS and see if any settings have been reset to default.

Often times the sluggish boot times can happen due to a corrupt OS. By latest are you on Windows 10 1909? Regardless of what you're on right now, you should be back to normal boot speeds if you reinstall the OS.

Feb 2, 2020
I reset my Windows as you advised me to (I used the reset function in Windows ) and still the long Boot times persists. Should I install a new copy of Windows?
Can you advise any other way of fixing it?