sneedcheedle

Commendable
Feb 4, 2021
I have encountered a strange issue regarding my recently purchased 144hz monitor. This issue was previously figured out, but has returned. The artifact that's occurring are diagonal lines that seem to be mostly green with a little bit of green and blue. These lines cover the entire monitor, including the Windows taskbar- so it's not just the program. Initially the artifact would only appear briefly when opening a program. This also included FireFox, but not exclusively.

The way I fixed it was by increasing the monitor's overdrive setting from medium to high. This issue hasn't appeared since, but I noticed last night when I was using the Windows Snipping Tool that it appeared for a second. I dismissed it. This morning however I visited a website and not only did the diagonal lines appear, but they appeared and remained on my screen. This is the first time that the lines have actually been consistently on my screen, which is why I was inclined to make this post.

It only happens on this specific website and it only affects this monitor. I have tested it on other monitors, switched out different DP cables, tried HDMI, upgraded and downgraded GPU drivers, tried using no GPU drivers. It still appears. It isn't a huge issue since so far I've only seen it appear on this single website, but I'm concerned it may potentially appear elsewhere.

Maybe it's a sign of something failing? I've encountered no other issues with my computer or GPU. I've also tried lowering my refresh rate to 60hz, 120hz, turning freesync on and off. If anyone has even the slightest idea of what this could be please let me know.

Solution
I'm encountering the exact same problem. Vertical lines across the screen. They only appear when I have Twitter open so far.
Also, only under certain settings. When I have this monitor set to Color Temp Normal (7300K), it does appear, while changing it to sRGB makes it disappear. I've also noticed, that disabling Night Mode under Windows makes them disappear while using the Normal Color Temperature.
While this fix may help temporarily, it would be nice to know if this is a common issue with this monitor, and if I should try to get a replacement.

sneedcheedle

Commendable
Feb 4, 2021
I have an update to the issue. It now appears in MineCraft. Oddly, only when I look up at the sky at a certain angle on a specific altitude. What would cause such an odd issue?

Feb 13, 2021
I'm encountering the exact same problem. Vertical lines across the screen. They only appear when I have Twitter open so far.
Also, only under certain settings. When I have this monitor set to Color Temp Normal (7300K), it does appear, while changing it to sRGB makes it disappear. I've also noticed, that disabling Night Mode under Windows makes them disappear while using the Normal Color Temperature.
While this fix may help temporarily, it would be nice to know if this is a common issue with this monitor, and if I should try to get a replacement.

Reactions: sneedcheedle
Solution

sneedcheedle

Commendable
Feb 4, 2021
I've tinkered with my color temperature settings in the AMD control panel. I'm using an RX 5700 and the lines do appear to go away once I change the temp away from its default (6500). I set it to 6300 and the lines went away. This is a very strange issue. Is it a hardware or a software problem???

TRENDING THREADS