May 16, 2022
Hello,

I recently started getting issues with my PC where it didnt want to boot anymore. From working fine for months, to suddenly this. Simply put, turned it on, no video output, but the leds on the motherboard/ case fans etc worked fine. VGA LED was on so i assumed it had something to do with the GPU. Reseated the GPU, disconnected/ connected all cables, nothing.

Things i have tried already:

• Reseated GPU (many times)
  • Used different GPU (RX 5700), same result
  • Used different power cable to the GPU
  • Cleaning PCIe slot
I do not have integrated graphics so I cannot see whether that is the culprit yes or no. Im also running a dual monitor setup, one of which has a DP connected, and the other an HDMI. Setup worked fine for months until suddenly all this happened.

• AMD Ryzen 2600 X
  • Rog Strix B450-i Gaming
  • 2x 8 GB G-skill F4 3200C RAM
  • 1x Kingston A2000 1 TB SSD
  • AMD RX 6700 XT
  • Seasonic SGX Focus 650W
It occasionally powers up after reseating the GPU various times but that shouldnt be done i assume., which leads me to believe the PCIe slot is broken. (Card only has 1 slot so i cant troubleshoot that) Can i bring the board to a shop to get it fixed or do i need to get an all new board?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards

BB.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2022
Hello,

I recently started getting issues with my PC where it didnt want to boot anymore. From working fine for months, to suddenly this. Simply put, turned it on, no video output, but the leds on the motherboard/ case fans etc worked fine. VGA LED was on so i assumed it had something to do with the GPU. Reseated the GPU, disconnected/ connected all cables, nothing.

Things i have tried already:

• Reseated GPU (many times)
  • Used different GPU (RX 5700), same result
  • Used different power cable to the GPU
  • Cleaning PCIe slot
I do not have integrated graphics so I cannot see whether that is the culprit yes or no. Im also running a dual monitor setup, one of which has a DP connected, and the other an HDMI. Setup worked fine for months until suddenly all this happened.

• AMD Ryzen 2600 X
  • Rog Strix B450-i Gaming
  • 2x 8 GB G-skill F4 3200C RAM
  • 1x Kingston A2000 1 TB SSD
  • AMD RX 6700 XT
  • Seasonic SGX Focus 650W
It occasionally powers up after reseating the GPU various times but that shouldnt be done i assume., which leads me to believe the PCIe slot is broken. (Card only has 1 slot so i cant troubleshoot that) Can i bring the board to a shop to get it fixed or do i need to get an all new board?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards

BB.
Do you get any beep codes? It will help you realise what it is. If it isn't giving you any codes, try leaving the pc on for about 30 seconds to a minute, motherboards can take long to find the problem regarding from what I experienced the past month.