Matt_312

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2015
So I recently built a new gaming PC and everything ran fine. Later on I installed an SSD (this is the SSD https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078DPCY3T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) from my old PC into this new one and noticed there has been popping/crackling sounds in my audio.

Here's pretty much what happens
  • Popping can be heard when someone starts talking in Discord/Teamspeak
  • For some reason some sounds in games are louder or lower which makes it even more frustrating with the crackling sound
  • When there are explosions or something loud it has more popping/crackling
  • Just watching videos also cause random popping sounds
  • Hard to recreate because it just happens at random when there are sounds played
  • It's common to hear when audio starts and stops suddenly
Here's everything I have done but none have helped
  • Took out SSD to see if it would fix the problem
  • Updated drivers
  • Rolled back drivers
  • Updated driver to "High Definition Audio Device" instead
  • Wiped PC (Restored windows)
  • Bought new sound card
  • Changed audio format
  • Turned off audio enhancements
  • Deactivated Monitor audio (Display Port/HDMI)
  • Tried different headphone jacks (2 on the back 1 on the front)
  • Tried different headphones AND earbuds
  • Changed power settings to "High Performance"
I have tried pretty much every method I have seen online but nothing works. I have ordered a headphone jack USB adapter ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NMXY2MO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) and maybe that will fix it because it will be through a USB instead of a direct headphone jack? I am thinking there is possible static on the motherboard but I am not sure how to fix that. Any other options that I haven't listen would be greatly appreciated since this sound is driving me nuts. Thanks!

Last edited:

Expheria

Commendable
Aug 1, 2017
What mobo/cpu do you happen to have? I have the same issue, would like to know if its the same manufacturer.

Mobo: asrock b450m HDV r4.0
CPU: ryzen 2700 (non x, stock clock speeds)

If you happen to have the same mobo, ima try updating my bios, if that seems to change my issue I'll post another reply if someone hasnt already.

Matt_312

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2015
What mobo/cpu do you happen to have? I have the same issue, would like to know if its the same manufacturer.

Mobo: asrock b450m HDV r4.0
CPU: ryzen 2700 (non x, stock clock speeds)

If you happen to have the same mobo, ima try updating my bios, if that seems to change my issue I'll post another reply if someone hasnt already.

Mobo: MSI Z390-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor

Also how would I go about updating my bios? I'm kinda new to that stuff. I don't think I have updated bios so i want to try that.

Last edited:

Expheria

Commendable
Aug 1, 2017
Also how would I go about updating my bios? I'm kinda new to that stuff. I don't think I have updated bios so i want to try that.

Its a pretty scary thing to do, if ya power cuts out often I wouldnt suggest it, if it gets interrupted it could brick your mobo.

You'd need a usb, go to the mobos website, download the latest bios version, put the file on the USB, restart pc and load into bios, should have a BIOS flash option.

Wouldnt recommend doing this tho, as there is a risk for probably no reward.

Matt_312

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2015
Its a pretty scary thing to do, if ya power cuts out often I wouldnt suggest it, if it gets interrupted it could brick your mobo.

You'd need a usb, go to the mobos website, download the latest bios version, put the file on the USB, restart pc and load into bios, should have a BIOS flash option.

Wouldnt recommend doing this tho, as there is a risk for probably no reward.

Understandable, then I won't bother because I have done every possible method and don't feel like going with something that risky with the possibility of no pay off.

TRENDING THREADS