Status
Not open for further replies.

i try and budget

Reputable
Feb 3, 2015
Hello everyone. This honestly has me really frustrated I have so many recordings just like little one minutes clips of my highlights and the videos are coming out very laggy especially at the "best" part this is ridiculous.. I have a gtx 960ssc fully updated with an I7 cpu and 12gb of ram. And yes I am recording the highlights to a seperate hard drive with the temp files going to that same hard drive. Still hasnt made it any better. I dont have anything running in the background but uplay because I only play r6 siege which I get fine fps on. If anyone has any ideas and could help me out I would really appreciate it. I forgot this site actually existed so cheers to me for haven't posting in like 3-4 years :D

Get process hacker from sourceforge.net , it's completely free and comes in portable form as well, just unzip and run the exe.
Once Process hacker is running start recording anything even the desktop will do and find nvcontainer.exe that is the recording app right click on it and go to priority choose real-time and at the bottom select save for nvcontainer.exe.

From now on even without process hacker running every time geforce records a video it will do so at the highest priority bypassing any calls from the game to the OS to give all it's attention to the game only.
You can do the same thing with task manager but that way you can't save the change so you would need to do it every time you want to record.

Or you can just limit your FPS in the game a little bit so that the OS has more time left for geforce.

i try and budget

Reputable
Feb 3, 2015
Get process hacker from sourceforge.net , it's completely free and comes in portable form as well, just unzip and run the exe.
Once Process hacker is running start recording anything even the desktop will do and find nvcontainer.exe that is the recording app right click on it and go to priority choose real-time and at the bottom select save for nvcontainer.exe.

From now on even without process hacker running every time geforce records a video it will do so at the highest priority bypassing any calls from the game to the OS to give all it's attention to the game only.
You can do the same thing with task manager but that way you can't save the change so you would need to do it every time you want to record.

Or you can just limit your FPS in the game a little bit so that the OS has more time left for geforce.

ok sir thank you buttt process hacker isnt seeming to work.. i have closed it and opened it multiple times and it is not saving me setting the priority to high. it keeps saying you need admin permission click continue to proceed and i do that and it works but after restarting the app the same thing pops up again seems like it isnt saving.. also where in the options can you allow it to start up when you start your pc? i cant seem to find that option..

thanks for reply

i try and budget

Reputable
Feb 3, 2015
It don't need to start when the system starts this setting stick without the program running.
Yes you should right click on the icon and run as administrator when starting the software to give it the rights to change things permanently.

ok i see what you mean yeah thank you but it still doesnt seem to be working there are still few lag spikes here and there. just doesnt make sense because the computer is still the same specs as it has been forever and i am even looking back at some of my older recordings and they have no lag what so ever :/

i try and budget

Reputable
Feb 3, 2015
ok actually a little update for anyone who bothers. i really can not tell if it is working because i will set the priority to high but it just keeps going back to normal administrator is not making a difference :/

When I first got a ShadowPlay capable GPU after a long time on an AMD card there was a problem with ShadowPlay Instant Replay clips having pixelation and stutter toward the end of the video. It's a EVGA 1080 SC I got a little over a year ago. Nothing of the sort showed in game while playing. It was mentioned a lot on the GeForce Forum with example videos from many and Nvidia staff would jump in now and then claiming they couldn't replicate it. It took at least 4 months for Nvidia to fix it and they didn't even say anything about it on the forum once it was fixed. The only place the problem and fix was mentioned was vaguely in their driver release note issues.

So I suggest you bring this up on the GeForce Forum and be sure to mention your full hardware/OS spec and what mode you're capturing in. Note that I'm not saying this is a driver or GeForce Experience build problem. I'm just saying you might find out if anyone else with similar hardware to you is having this problem. You should also probably mention any background programs you are running to eliminate possible software conflicts.

Last edited:

i try and budget

Reputable
Feb 3, 2015
When I first got a ShadowPlay capable GPU after a long time on an AMD card there was a problem with ShadowPlay Instant Replay clips having pixelation and stutter toward the end of the video. It's a EVGA 1080 SC I got a little over a year ago. Nothing of the sort showed in game while playing. It was mentioned a lot on the GeForce Forum with example videos from many and Nvidia staff would jump in now and then claiming they couldn't replicate it. It took at least 4 months for Nvidia to fix it and they didn't even say anything about it on the forum once it was fixed. The only place the problem and fix was mentioned was vaguely in their driver release note issues.

So I suggest you bring this up on the GeForce Forum and be sure to mention your full hardware/OS spec and what mode you're capturing in. Note that I'm not saying this is a driver or GeForce Experience build problem. I'm just saying you might find out if anyone else with similar hardware to you is having this problem. You should also probably mention any background programs you are running to eliminate possible software conflicts.

great idea actually yes thanks i will post to their forums

fry178

Reputable
Dec 14, 2015
Dont waste your time, this is most likely stemming from shadowplay/gfe or even the driver, as im using it since beta came out and probs always came from Nv software,
and until they release a new version, no change.
Especially since i play siege since closed testing, and even recorded stuff from 30s-10min and video had no issues at all.
Hardware isnt relevant past having quad core/8gb ram/and ssd or 2 hdds.
I tested it running on the os drive, another drive, or even spread over 4 ssd drives (OS/game/temp/recording), still stutter
Even a usb stick is fast enough for 1080p, not even talking about that video doesnt start to stutter because of slow recording device (look how slow standalone dvd/bd recorder are),
since its running thru a dedicated chip, and i for example have 32gb memory and keep everything in the ram and it still stutters.

Nv states some monitoring software might impact it (usually visible by "continuous" stutter occuring at the same interval),
make sure that its not caused by gpu clocks dropping when nothing is going on in the game.
e.g. nfs rivals (console port) started to stutter after i got a 1080, and gpu load was so low that the card started to downclock.

make sure to switch threaded optimisation to on for siege, helped me get rid of fps jumps in siege.

i will try with an older driver/gfe version, but so far it looks like nv doesnt care to fix it...

Status
Not open for further replies.