Feb 19, 2023
Hello everyone, thank you in advance for reading this, and i hope you can help me!

So I upgraded my pc build recently, cause my old one was having trouble running anything but windows. To start off I got a good deal on a 1 and a half year used GPU (ASROCK amd RX 6700 xt Phantom gaming), and then i later upgraded the rest of it to Asrock b650 pro RS AM5 DDR5, 2x16gb Fury ddr5 RAM 5600mhz, Kingston m.2 ssd stick 1 tb, Ryzen 7 7700x and a watercooling to top it off. I knew there was gonna be some cool RGB with the GPU, but that never showed with the PCI connectors, only a white light showing off the Phantom Gaming logo on the side, and all i knew was that i hadn't connected the RGB connector to the extra RGB pin one the GPU.

So as the title states, I've now tried to connect the RGB LED header (Different from the ADDRRGB, I later realized) to my GPU RGB connector, and as soon as i power up my pc, the RGB start lighting for 1 second, and then i see a bight light (presumably fire) in the GPU by the RGB pins, and i panic and pull out the RGB connector as fast as possible, so it didn't cause any further damage. After unplugging the RGB connecter the Phantom Gaming logo light has change to one singular active LED light, with the color green, in the left most position of the logo, and sometimes it looks like it changes color to lightblue/green (Have some other RGB running in the background, so it might be my eyes). Now I've realized that the RGB header on my MB was a 12v - 4 pin , and that my GPU only has 3 pins in the RGB connector, but i still can't find anywhere online where it states that the GPU RGB connector only should be a 5v connector.

Luckily my GPU works just fine, only the RGB is messed up, and only doing the green thing. Any suggestions/solutions?

I still have the warranty for like a month.

Hope it makes sense.

all i knew was that i hadn't connected the RGB connector to the extra RGB pin one the GPU...

Any suggestions/solutions?
this shouldn't be up to you to connect, it should come new in the box ready for RGB control.

it's likely this was already damaged by the previous owner and that's why it was disconnected when you received the card.

if the LED option means anything to you, return the card for a refund and put that toward a new known functioning card.

Reactions: Tac 25
I've now tried to connect the RGB LED header (Different from the ADDRRGB, I later realized) to my GPU RGB connector, and as soon as i power up my pc, the RGB start lighting for 1 second, and then i see a bight light (presumably fire) in the GPU by the RGB pins
You connect argb led strip to argb connector on gpu.
You do not connect graphics card to motherboard with argb cable.

ARGBHeader.jpg