dlenchert57

Prominent
Jul 15, 2018
I have been using my graphics card for about a year and I keep have these weird issues with the graphics driver crashing. In some games it would crash and when I check event viewer I always get the error Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

I have tried plenty of things and the only things that affect it is turning off TDR, changing TDR Delay and changing to Nvidia studio drivers. Turning off TDR just seems to make my computer freeze, changing TDR delay just makes it crash slower and changing to studio drivers seems to fix it mostly.

When I change to studio drivers the crashing seems to mostly stop but sometimes it still does it. What is confusing me is that it should not do that even with the normal game ready drivers. I have also tried turning off my overclock and reinstalling windows 10 and it does nothing. It seems to only happen to games using Unity or Unreal Engine. I can't tell why this problem seems to happen at all. The only thing it could be is 1.The Nvidia drivers are weird. 2. The games that are having these issues are just buggy. 3.There is something wrong with my graphics card.

Does anyone else have this problem and is there a way to stop all of these issues, or do I need to send back my graphics card. Thank you.

Event Viewer
Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Specs
Ryzen 5 3600
ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER
ASRock B450M Pro4
16GB DDR4 Ram

Drivers I Have Tested
Studio:442.92
Game Ready:445.87

Last edited: