My specifications are as follows:
ASUS H64M-A mobo
Core i7 3770 @3.4GHz CPU
12 (8+4) GB DDR3 @1333MHz RAM
GT 1030 GDDR5 2 GB GPU
240 GB 2.5 SSD for Win10 Pro
1TB HDD for games
420W PSU
I was considering to purchase a 500GB SSD and replace the 1TB HDD but I needed a PCIe - M.2 converter for the SSD, since my ancient mobo doesn't support newer models. But then I thought investing in a more up to date motherboard might be more efficient economically in the long run than it is to purchase just a cheap converter and the SSD. It could also allow for future upgrades regarding RAM of higher speeds and perhaps even a later gen processor/GPU. My budget for the mobo is around $80, ontop of which I'd still have to purchase the initially desired SSD, so I can't stretch it much on the mobo.

Hey.
My specifications are as follows:

I was considering to purchase a 500GB SSD and replace the 1TB HDD but I needed a PCIe - M.2 converter for the SSD, since my ancient mobo doesn't support newer models. But then I thought investing in a more up to date motherboard might be more efficient economically in the long run than it is to purchase just a cheap converter and the SSD. It could also allow for future upgrades regarding RAM of higher speeds and perhaps even a later gen processor/GPU. My budget for the mobo is around $80, ontop of which I'd still have to purchase the initially desired SSD, so I can't stretch it much on the mobo.
If you want modern up to date system you will also need new CPU and RAM and that's what you also need to use M.c NVME drive

moonshnr

Prominent
Jul 22, 2019
Hey thanks for responding:)
I only plan to upgrade the CPU and RAM later on. For now a stronger base and faster storage is all I’m looking for. Just not sure what mobo would still support an i7 3770 and allow for a modern SSD at the same time, within the $80 range.