Apr 25, 2020
My pc specs: i5-9600K, RTX 2070 SUPER, 16 GB(8x2GB) RAM 3200Mhz, 2 TB HDD, 256GB SSD.
In all games that I play, I have low fps. Example: In The witcher 3: Wild hunt i have 75 fps and rare fps drops to 50 fps, on ultra settings, but on YouTube, all have 100-120 fps on ultra setting(I mean with my specs).

Solution
Check for programs that do not need to be running in the background, close them using task manager and make sure nothing unnecessary is running at startup too, run the games again and lower the settings to high, monitor the changes, see if the improvement is there, most benchmarks are done on clean test benches with little to nothing running in the background, which can have a big impact on gaming

Also have a look online and see which settings on those games are either bad for framerates or cpu intensive and turn those down too, with a 6 core 6 thread chip that might be the cause of these slowdowns as your gpu is more than capable of putting out that framerate

are you playing at 1080p? or 1440p? can make a really big difference
Apr 25, 2020
So my specs are RTX 2070 SUPER, I5-9600K, 16GB RAM. Today I downloaded No Man's Sky, and I have fps drops on ULTRA from 120-130 fps to 70 fps, and its not only in this game, its in The Witcher 3, Hitman 2. Please help!

Mickieg1994

Reputable
Jul 15, 2019
Check for programs that do not need to be running in the background, close them using task manager and make sure nothing unnecessary is running at startup too, run the games again and lower the settings to high, monitor the changes, see if the improvement is there, most benchmarks are done on clean test benches with little to nothing running in the background, which can have a big impact on gaming

Also have a look online and see which settings on those games are either bad for framerates or cpu intensive and turn those down too, with a 6 core 6 thread chip that might be the cause of these slowdowns as your gpu is more than capable of putting out that framerate

are you playing at 1080p? or 1440p? can make a really big difference

Solution

TRENDING THREADS