SpaceMunkie

Prominent
Jun 19, 2020
So, I just want to reset my PC. Get rid of all my apps, files and start fresh. I've already backed everything up.
However, everytime I try to reset my PC, i click "remove everything" and "Reinstall windows".
It goes to 100% and then it restarts.
And then it starts again normally, but nothing gets deleted or changed.
Same files, same apps, same wallpaper.
Also, when I delete a bunch of files from my recycle bin.
I reboot my computer and the files just reappear in my recycle bin.
Also, my disk usage is 100% which is the main reason I want to reset everything.
But, even when I try to stop processes like sysmain/superfetc, it just starts running again after restart
Its like my PC is stuck in this current state.
I've also tried to reset pc in troubleshoot mode.
As soon as I click "remove everything", it just does a normal restart and nothing gets reset.
Obviously, it has to be some sort of virus.

I've also done stuff in command prompt.
I've done sfc /scannow
I get this -> Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
i've done dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
I get this -> The requested operation failed. A system reboot is required to roll back changes made.
I've also done reagentc /disable and then reagentc /enable.
Rebooted and tried to reset, still didnt work.

So, i feel like my only option is to clean install using a USB.
But, how do i download windows on this USB?
For some reason, I don't have windows installation media tool on my PC which people use to download windows.
So, i go to microsoft's site and try to download windows 10 installation media tool.
But instead I get this message.
"This app can't run on your PC. to find a version of this pc, check with the software publisher".
So, I can't even download that tool on my PC.
If I download windows 10 to a USB from my friend's laptop,
How do i then use that USB to clean install windows on my PC?
I have a 1tb SSD on this PC. Can i still use this SSD on my PC after using that usb to install windows?
I feel like I need a clear step process for this clean install so I don't make anything worse than it is.
Any useful help appreciated <3

PC Specs:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
32.0 GB RAM
64-bit operating system, 1TB SSD
Motherboard: Gigabyte B365M DS3H (rev. 1.0)

Solution
"need help how to clean install"

if you follow the guide with an up-to-date Microsoft install package and you still run into problems then it is a hardware issue and you would need to continue troubleshooting individual components.

if you follow the guide with an up-to-date Microsoft install package and you still run into problems then it is a hardware issue and you would need to continue troubleshooting individual components.

Solution

SpaceMunkie

Prominent
Jun 19, 2020

That link is pretty thorough thanks. I dont know if you can answer this question for me but, if I install windows through USB, will it actually delete my old windows that is currently installed on my SSD so the virus/issues could actually get removed?