joebailey

Reputable
Jun 30, 2017
Hello

Last night I switched off my pc and it updated, this morning it wouldn't turn on at all. I did some messing about and managed to get it to turn on but the monitor displays no video input from gpu or integrated graphics. All the fans are spinning and led lights are on.

I thought it might be a PSU issue since 3 months ago I added more ram and it only turned on then when I removed power supply to disk drive. It's 650w and I have a gtx 970 i5 8400 16gb ram HDD 1tb and z7370 motherboard. My peripherals have no power also.

Firstly I tried connecting pc and monitor to different sockets etc and double checking everything is in correctly.

I tried unplugging the GPU and booting with integrated graphics. I tried removing a stick of ram. I tried unplugging wires and reconnecting them. This has happened to me before and that was because the PSU didn't give enough power, however I have been using the pc for 3 months perfectly well.

Thanks for any advice and help I'm really stuck.

Solution
It sounds like you have some kind of RAM setup that has no guarantee to be compatible together. I suggest posting memory part number and/or link to it.