May 25, 2020
Hey,
A few days ago I found my old PC which was an office one (IBM) and I decided to use it for music and stuff.It had it's stock hdd which had Windows XP on,I switched the HDD with a new one which had more storage and had Windows 7 on it(also because I couldnt use internet on xp,even after trying to change to current date).After doing that,my GPU was not being used (because I checked the device manager).It was code 12, showing me I dont have enough resources to use it.I tried updating the drivers,instaling and reinstaling them,tried probably every fix in the forums and still nothing worked.The weird thing is that on the old HDD with the Windows XP my gpu works just fine,but as I said I couldn't use my internet.I was wondering if it is due to a low power supply(I think it was 200W).I have no idea.This is my first time posting here so please help me with whatever you can.
CPU:Intel Pentinum 4 3.20ghz
HDD:500GB Wb (the windows 7 one)
GPU:Integrated
RAM:2GB (1GB working,because of the windows 7 32bit)

kanewolf

Titan
Hey,
A few days ago I found my old PC which was an office one (IBM) and I decided to use it for music and stuff.It had it's stock hdd which had Windows XP on,I switched the HDD with a new one which had more storage and had Windows 7 on it(also because I couldnt use internet on xp,even after trying to change to current date).After doing that,my GPU was not being used (because I checked the device manager).It was code 12, showing me I dont have enough resources to use it.I tried updating the drivers,instaling and reinstaling them,tried probably every fix in the forums and still nothing worked.The weird thing is that on the old HDD with the Windows XP my gpu works just fine,but as I said I couldn't use my internet.I was wondering if it is due to a low power supply(I think it was 200W).I have no idea.This is my first time posting here so please help me with whatever you can.
CPU:Intel Pentinum 4 3.20ghz
HDD:500GB Wb (the windows 7 one)
GPU:Integrated
RAM:2GB (1GB working,because of the windows 7 32bit)
You have a Windows 7 install for a different motherboard. No way to know what hardware incompatibilities there will be.

May 25, 2020
Yo,I tried on another motherboard that supports my cpu and all of that.The problem is that my internet cabel slot is dead (I think).Can I somehow check if it's broken?I called my internet provider and they said there was no problem.I get that X on my internet icon on the bottom right of my screen.Any ideas how I can fix it?One of the boots I did,when I tried to connect to the internet it showed me that the username or password was wrong (which was not) and the boots after that showed the X thing. (also on the new motherboard I tried my gpu and it works just fine)

kanewolf

Titan
Yo,I tried on another motherboard that supports my cpu and all of that.The problem is that my internet cabel slot is dead (I think).Can I somehow check if it's broken?I called my internet provider and they said there was no problem.I get that X on my internet icon on the bottom right of my screen.Any ideas how I can fix it?One of the boots I did,when I tried to connect to the internet it showed me that the username or password was wrong (which was not) and the boots after that showed the X thing. (also on the new motherboard I tried my gpu and it works just fine)
Without a fresh OS install, I can't help you. You don't have a known config to start with.