Stankenestor

Honorable
Aug 19, 2015
I have a haf 912 plus computer case and im using a rog strix 2080 ti and 9900ks cooler by dark rock 4 pro, both overclocked. I purchased three corsair LL120 fans that i plan to install in my case. Im wondering where i should put them though, here is the recommended airflow for my case from cooler master:
d3b08e20_HAF912Adv-web-feature-02-600.jpeg

It doesnt have to be perfect but i do want good airflow in my case. So im guessing to install two LL120's top as exhaust and then mount an intake LL120 on the side? Some people swear by putting the side panel as exhaust though (i noticed quite some hot air coming from the 2080 ti from the side pushing outwards). I saw some people mount a 120mm fan above the 200mm fan in the front, would that be better than for example a side fan? Some people also put the top fans as intake but im not too sure about that.

Or should i maybe replace my rear exhaust with the newer LL120? I noticed the rear exhaust tops out at about 700 rpm or something, isn't that slow? The front 200mm fan was recently changed so that should be fine.

Thanks

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
I have a 2600/Asus ROG Strix B450-F/GTX 1660 Ti rig in an older Rosewill Challenger case and I set mine up very similar to the way recommended by Cooler Master in the picture you posted.
Which for that case is the best way to install them.

I did add an 80 mm fan to the front as intake (that was the biggest fan I could add) and that helps.
And my side panel 120 mm fan is set as an intake and definitely helps cool my MB: Chipset, VRMs, etc.

As for the 700 rpm of the 200mm fan, that's fine becasue the 200mm fan moves a lot of air at lower rpms that a 120mm fan can.

Stankenestor

Honorable
Aug 19, 2015
I have a 2600/Asus ROG Strix B450-F/GTX 1660 Ti rig in an older Rosewill Challenger case and I set mine up very similar to the way recommended by Cooler Master in the picture you posted.
Which for that case is the best way to install them.

I did add an 80 mm fan to the front as intake (that was the biggest fan I could add) and that helps.
And my side panel 120 mm fan is set as an intake and definitely helps cool my MB: Chipset, VRMs, etc.

As for the 700 rpm of the 200mm fan, that's fine becasue the 200mm fan moves a lot of air at lower rpms that a 120mm fan can.
How much did the 80 mm fan in the front top help?
And i saw the 120mm rear case fan for the 912 haf is 1200 rpm, but mine only spins to around 500 rpm under load. Is that normal? Im using the auros z390 master MB.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
I added the little 80 mm fan at the front to help keep my OC'd RAM and chipset from getting too hot I didn't see any noticeable change in CPU temps from it though.

As for your 120 mm fan, I'd look in your BIOS and adjust the fan profile for that fan so it will ramp up at a similar rate as the CPU cooler does.
I keep my top 140 mm fan on 100% and my rear and CPU cooler fans all set to increase with the CPU temps.
My front and side 120 mm fans are set to stay at 60% minimum and ramp up to 100% when the CPU gets to 65c.