Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2022
Hi everyone, my GPU is GTX 460, CPU is Xeon E3-1220 V3, and motherboard is Gigabyte H81M-DS2V (rev 1.0) with latest BIOS version F6. My problem is that my GPU always runs on PCIe 1.1 even at full load (gaming) and won't go back to running on PCIe 2.0 unless I restart my PC. This problem makes the games I play always lag and unstable. This problem appears randomly and after I browse in the browser (Google Chrome). After I closed this browser and checked GPU-Z suddenly my GPU was running on PCIe 1.1. I think it's just my GPU's power saving feature. After I try to load my GPU 100% by playing games my GPU is still running on PCIe 1.1. Below is a photo of GPU-Z and the related issues I'm having.

Photos before the problem occurred:
Screenshot-107-cr.png

𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗘: This is a photo of my GPU test after I just turned on the PC with a full load state.

Photos after the problem occurred:
Screenshot-106-cr.png

𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗘: This is a photo of my GPU test after I browsed using a browser (Google Chrome) with a full load state.

What I've done to fix this problem but it doesn't work:
  1. Setting the motherboard BIOS to run only on PCIe 2.0
  2. Flashing GPU BIOS using the latest version
  3. Reinstall the NVIDIA GPU driver
  4. Setting the GPU driver (NVIDIA Control Panel) to run at maximum performance
  5. Clean and repaste my GPU
My question is what is the problem I am having and how to fix this problem?

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You will need to include the make and model of your motherboard as well as the BIOS version for said motherboard.
Thank you for the welcome! I apologize because I forgot to provide info on the motherboard I'm using. My motherboard is a Gigabyte H81M-DS2V with the latest BIOS version F6 (I've edited it and included it in the question).

Status
Not open for further replies.