Dec 18, 2023
I'm trying to solve an annoying problem, my pc keep crashing while gaming ( it never crashed while doing normal tasks, at least until now ... ) , the screen suddently become black and the pc restarts. I have a dual monitor setup and if both screens are connected to my GPU they stay black and the mobo beeps 5 times, but if during the crash one of the monitor is attached to my motherboard it displays the windows login again and there aren't any beeps, so I supppose it was because there wasn't any diplay signa.l
At first I tought it was a faulty psu problem, but I have changed it with a new one and it keeps happenning. I've already tried to test my gpu with 3dmark, furmark, occt and it doesn't crush. I've test my cpu too with occt and cinebench, again no crashes. After all of this I've tried testing my rams for 3 hours and a half with memtest86 without any error.
Olso, I've resetted the bios to the default settings, but it didn't solve anything. The only thing that I have done was to enable the xmp profile of my rams, but again it crashes even without it.
I'm desperate and I don't know what to do. I've already spent more money than my initial budget.
Oh, and I even tried attacching my pc to a different power socket without any result.
The only system error in the windows event logger is a generic kernel error 41 there aren't any logs anywhere.

My current setup is
PSU - MSI MAG A850GL PCIE5 Alimentatore, 850W 80 Plus Gold
Mother Board - AsRock b650 pro rs wifi
Amd ryzen 5 7600
CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MHz CL30 Intel XMP
XFX, SPEEDSTER SWFT 319 RAD, RX6800, 16GB
Kingston KC3000 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD 2 tb
Thermalright PA120 SE ARGB

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newocmer!

the screen suddently become black and the pc restarts.
A PC usually restarts due to one of two reasons.
1| An overheating issue
or
2| The PSU is incapable of powering your system when taxed.

What game are we talking about here?

As for your motherboard, what BIOS version are you on?

Reactions: kurdtnz
Dec 18, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newocmer!

the screen suddently become black and the pc restarts.
A PC usually restarts due to one of two reasons.
1| An overheating issue
or
2| The PSU is incapable of powering your system when taxed.

What game are we talking about here?

As for your motherboard, what BIOS version are you on?
The temperatures when it crashes are normal, the gpu reaches maximum 71 deg and the cpu around the 50s.
As I've written I upgraded my pay for this reason, it is a 850w so it should be more than capable to handle my system.

I've already upgraded my bios to the latest version.

Dec 18, 2023
While i'm gaming on more demanding games my pc crashes, the screen lose signal and audio freezes for a few seconds, then it restart itself, but the signal is still not available, so I need to manualy restart my pc.
In the event viewer the only error is the kernel 41, which is a consequence of the crash not the root cause. I've tried to all this thinghs:

Update the drivers, reinstall them with DDU, disable iontegrated gpu, install gpu driver version from the mobo manufcturer page.

I replaced my PSU and upgraded it from 650w to 850w.

Resited everything, tried to use 2 different pcie cables, upgraded bios to the latest version, put everything to default settings.

My system crash with or without XMP profile enbled and I have tested them with memtest86 for many hours.

Another important thing is that I can't reproduce the crash in stress tests, I've used OCCT, Furmak, 3dmark, cinebench.

Olso in somelight weight games it never crashed like Crash Bendicot Insane Trilogy and a Plague Tale.

The game where it happen the most is The finals. I'll try downloading another gpu intensive games to check if it crash.

And last but not least I've checked all my temps and they looki fine to me. ( gpu max 72 deg and cpu around 50-60 )

I don't know if it could be that my gpu is faulty, but a I want to be really sure before sending it to RMA ( I didn't bought it on amazon )
Here's my specs:

Windows 11 Home Edition

PSU - MSI MAG A850GL PCIE5 Alimentatore, 850W 80 Plus Gold

Mother Board - AsRock b650 pro rs wifi
Amd ryzen 5 7600
CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MHz CL30 Intel XMP
XFX, SPEEDSTER SWFT 319 RAD, RX6800, 16GB
Kingston KC3000 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD 2 tb
Thermalright PA120 SE ARGB