Nov 11, 2019
Okay so here is the thing. I have this PC for a while it was working perfectly. Suddenly it started freezing and i had to shut it down. Then it wouldnt boot for a while.
Here is the list of things i tried and checked:

• First i thought it was my HDD then i swapped to NVME kingston a2000 ssd.
  • I thought my PC is overheating(AMD FX(tm)-8350) temperature at stress test is around 64C
  • I thought my GPU was overheating(it was around 80C when idle) so i changed thermal paste and run a stress test its around 70C at 100% activity for a while so its good(AMD Sapphire 7950HD-dual x)
  • I thought my PSU was overheating i opened it and cleaned it problem still persists.
  • Next what i checked was wattage of my PSU and if it can handle my PC and it can. I also unplugged not necessary things like CD-Drive some old HDD-s as well.
  • I Swapped ram to 2 different slots as well.
  • I Reinstalled windows like 4 times hoping it will fix problem but nah. I also changed the power plans of PC The one where HDD goes to sleep cause i heard that might be the problem still not fixed.
  • I have also run windows memory diagnostic and CHKDSK and SCF scan 0 errors found.
  • I Updated BIOS version as Gigabyte told me from 1F to 2Fa (i think).
  • I Did a lot of editing in bios for example i disabled HPET Support changed boot settings from UEFI to LEGACY cause my NVME is MBR. Problem is still there.
  • Ran Win 10 updates as well.
I noticed that motherboard the black thing on it for cooling is getting REALLY hot but idk if that should happen. Idk if changing CMOS battery would do anything. I am trying to find cheapest possible solution and idk if the problem is being caused by PSU or MOBO i think its MOBO problem but i am not sure.

A Little Update: PC sometimes crashes on start when everything is cooled so i dont think about overheating anymore. I tried ram testings but it crashes anyway...

Specs:

RAM: 2x4GB kingston
GPU: AMD sapphire 7950HD-dual x
NVME m.2 SSD: Kingston A2000 500GB
MOBO: Gigabyte 990x - Gaming Sli
PSU: Cobra power 600W
CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8350 (Black Box edition i think)
Screen is a TV i used over 3 years or more
Headsets are connected to PC, so is gaming mouse(Octane) and old keyboard(white from 1991 lol :D best keyboard in entire universe)

Last edited:
I thought my PC is overheating(AMD FX(tm)-8350) temperature at stress test is around 64C

Do you mean this is the CPU temperature during stress test? What software are you using to monitor temperatures?

That 'black thing on it for cooling' is likely the CPU heatsink/fan combination. The fact that it's REALLY hot, and the symptoms you are seeing is indicative of CPU shutdown due to thermal issues.

Nov 11, 2019
Do you mean this is the CPU temperature during stress test? What software are you using to monitor temperatures?

That 'black thing on it for cooling' is likely the CPU heatsink/fan combination. The fact that it's REALLY hot, and the symptoms you are seeing is indicative of CPU shutdown due to thermal issues.
That is temperature during stress test. I am using Core Temp and CPUZ to moniture temperatures. Black thing is on motherboard for heat absoprtion.

Nov 11, 2019
Check the event viewer under computer management for critical errors report. See what it says.
I checked it before and it has Critical error saying: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first(But its cause i shut it down when it freezes either by cutting off its power or on button). This could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed or lost power unexpectedly. Theare are also Errors sayin: The WsDrvInst failed to start due to following error. Thee system cannot find the file specified. There is also error about eventlog and volmgr.

Last edited:
Try HWmonitor.

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

and look at the various temperatures.

The reason I'm thinking something is overheating is because you stated it froze and then would not boot for awhile. To me, it sounds like something is overheating and causing the freezing and it won't boot up until the temperatures go down to an acceptable temperature. Just a guess though.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019
Try HWmonitor.

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

and look at the various temperatures.

The reason I'm thinking something is overheating is because you stated it froze and then would not boot for awhile. To me, it sounds like something is overheating and causing the freezing and it won't boot up until the temperatures go down to an acceptable temperature. Just a guess though.
I know why u thought that so did i but its not ...
Well anyway i fixed problem, or i think i did at least, by fixing Error sayin: The WsDrvInst failed to start due to following error. PC didnt crash for a while.

Nov 11, 2019
I know why u thought that so did i but its not ...
Well anyway i fixed problem, or i think i did at least, by fixing Error sayin: The WsDrvInst failed to start due to following error. PC didnt crash for a while.
Nope that didnt fix it i think MOBO is overheating dunno how to fix that tho ...