[SOLVED] PC Turning off and on at boot, recent issue. No signal to monitor. What’s going on?

Jul 20, 2020
I5 9400F
GTX 1070
Gigabyte B365M DS3H
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (4x8gb)
1TB 7200rpm HDD
2TB 7200rpm HDD
250gb SSD (OS)
500gb SSD
Crystal 280x
Corsair CXM 650 W 80+ Bronze

Basically, I upgraded my mobo, cpu and ram. I did a clean boot of windows 10 and started downloading everything I didn’t back up. No issues for two days. I turn on my pc today, and it shuts off after a couple seconds. Sometimes it’s on for a little while, then shuts off again. All this time the monitor receives no signal from the pc.
This PSU was purchased new about a year ago, never had any issues until now. Not sure why this issue would wait two days with this hardware to take place. I do not know what the problem is.
Thank you for your help.

Solution
Check out the cooler, the CPU, its socket with its pins and the contact(s) between them. What thermal paste do you use and is it properly applied?
Do you know what is the current version of the bios?
What was the previous ram used - brand, frequency, latency(timings), quantity, etc?

Check out if there is contact with metal in the wrong place. You can actually make ur investigations using an antistatic bag/using non-conductive material to put the motherboard onto, like on 4-5 styrofoam/wood small pieces in the angles.
Check out the cooler, the CPU, its socket with its pins and the contact(s) between them. What thermal paste do you use and is it properly applied?
What was the previous ram used - brand, frequency, latency(timings), quantity, etc?

Check out if there is contact with metal in the wrong place. You can actually make ur investigations using an antistatic bag/using non-conductive material to put the motherboard onto, like on 4-5 styrofoam/wood small pieces in the angles.

Solution
Jul 20, 2020

I am using a Cooler Master i71C as a cpu cooler (no overclocking). I reinstalled the cooler and replaced the stock thermal paste with Insignia NS PCTC8 thermal paste. PC is working now but I am worried that I have not seen the last of this issue. I will report back tomorrow.

Jul 20, 2020
Just reset and updated BIOS from external flash drive. Loaded up benchmark with no crashing. Shut off pc and booted back up with no issue. Fingers crossed that it’s fixed now, thanks so much for the help.

Reactions: AJNameS