Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Helix

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2017
Hello! i am planning to buy a new PSU (PURE POWER 12 M 750W)

My current is DN500 and i'm switching my 1060 with the MSI 3070 OC and i have a question,
i've looked into the PSU and it looks good and well,
BUT the thing is, it has one PCIE 5.0 and just one simple PCI-E,
Is 5.0 PCIE for 40 series? cause it says 600 watt beneath it, so i reckon i don't need it.
and i heard that it is recommended to use 2 SEPARATE PCI cables for Most RTX series (my 3070 has 2x 8 pin slots)
So my Pure power 12M has only 1 simple PCIE slot, but the PCIE cable itself is split from the very begging and it looks like it's 2 separate cables, not like pigtails and both don't have any pigtails.
Not original, but They look something like this,
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71P3sABMxiL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg12 pin Side to psu iguess and splits into two 8pins for gpu, is that fine??

So is that not gonna be a problem? Will they both give enough power to my GPU? Will it work??
OR should i just use The 5.0 (600W) slot on PSU?

Please Clue me in!! im really hyped to switch the psu and upgrade, but im also so scared to not burn or ruin anything seriously PLEASE HELP!!
Thanks in advance!!

ImageServer.php

Last edited:

Mr Helix

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2017

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Yeah, It doesn't show on that image, but They're connected as 1 PCI-E 16 pin for PSU, but then again i guess since it shows that there's 2 of them, they're somehow considered as 2 seperate cables..?
Yes. It is how they are wired and powered via the PSU socket. That is why your choice was confirmed as a good one earlier.

No need to complicate matters. You are good to go. Have fun!

Reactions: Mr Helix

Mr Helix

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.