Nov 3, 2019
Recently I had upgraded my GPU from an ASUS Geforce GTX 1060 6GB to an ASUS Geforce RTX 2070 Super 8GB. After which I noticed my screen was slightly grainy/fuzzy/static especially on darker colors. My screen also started to flicker whenever I was playing a game and got worse with the more demanding games, this was also more noticeable on darker colors. In addition, the screen got, even more, grainy/fuzzy/static. I also noticed that the saturation/exposure/contrast (not sure which one to call it) got worse when playing games. I have made sure the GPU was firmly in place and that the cables were correct and were also firmly in place. I don't know why it is doing this because it definitely wasn't doing this at all with my old GPU. Does anyone know what is causing this?

I have reset all of my monitor settings, display settings, Nivida Control Panel settings.
I have made sure that my driver is up to date and installed.
I use a VGA adapter to connect my monitor to the HDMI connector on the GPU
I have an Acer 60hz monitor.

GPU: ASUS Geforce RTX 2070 Super 8GB
Previous GPU: ASUS Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x Eight-Core Processor
RAM: 16GB

Solution
It's most probably the adapter. You have not mentioned anything about bad fps or low performance, so the GPU works as expected.
If you still have the 1060, you can try it in your PC and see if the problem remains.
I am not a big fan of adapters so I would suggest to buy another monitor that has HDMI/ display port. I understand that it's not the cheap way, like buying a new adapter but, monitor prices have gone really low if you are aiming for up to 24 inch/ 1080p/ 144Hz. If you do buy another monitor though, your PC is capable to play at 1440p at very good fps.
It's most probably the adapter. You have not mentioned anything about bad fps or low performance, so the GPU works as expected.
If you still have the 1060, you can try it in your PC and see if the problem remains.
I am not a big fan of adapters so I would suggest to buy another monitor that has HDMI/ display port. I understand that it's not the cheap way, like buying a new adapter but, monitor prices have gone really low if you are aiming for up to 24 inch/ 1080p/ 144Hz. If you do buy another monitor though, your PC is capable to play at 1440p at very good fps.

Solution
Nov 3, 2019
It turns out my monitor has an HDMI cable and I was able to plug it into the GPU, yet the issues still persist.