Jun 17, 2020
I just bought deepcool gammaxx 300 and tried to overclock my FX 6300 at 4ghz but it was overheating at 90c so I was changing my case fans position but I forgot to connect 4pin connector at the top and ran for a minute or two after that I turned it off and connected it an started my pc again but this time it starts for 2 to 3 secs and automatically turns off. I've checked it with another cpu (phenom x4) it works fine. But with fx one it keeps shutting down after seconds. Did I just killed it?

Mobo: Gigabyte: Ga778lmt
Processor: Fx6300
Ram 8GB
GPU: 750ti 2GB Gainward edition
Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx 300

Solution
Actually my mobo name is m78lmt but its a blu coloured motherboard with two ram slots. so should I go for this black 78lmt with 4 ram slots motherbord? Will it be good for overclocking?

No. Any AM3+ motherboard with "78" in the model will have a low-end chipset.

The motherboards that have the potential to overclock well will usually have 990FX somewhere in the name, with a few of the better 970 motherboards also being possibilities.

But I wouldn't buy those either. It's long past the time at which it made sense to upgrade an AM3+ motherboard if you actually have to pay money. Any incremental upgrade will be next-to-meaningless at this point considering the age and slowness of the platform.
Jun 17, 2020
I would not overclock anything using that motherboard it has very bad power delivery and nothing to help cool the Vram.
How about this?

IMG-20200618-011632.jpg

Jun 17, 2020
I was looking at the 78LTM.

90C should not of killed your processor. I would try resting CMOS.
Actually my mobo name is m78lmt but its a blu coloured motherboard with two ram slots. so should I go for this black 78lmt with 4 ram slots motherbord? Will it be good for overclocking?

DSzymborski

Titan

No. Any AM3+ motherboard with "78" in the model will have a low-end chipset.

The motherboards that have the potential to overclock well will usually have 990FX somewhere in the name, with a few of the better 970 motherboards also being possibilities.

But I wouldn't buy those either. It's long past the time at which it made sense to upgrade an AM3+ motherboard if you actually have to pay money. Any incremental upgrade will be next-to-meaningless at this point considering the age and slowness of the platform.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS