Simthaniel

Distinguished
May 9, 2016
It doesn’t seem like the hard drive was bad but since it is a regular hard drive it isn’t all that fast compared to even a super cheap SSD so the hard drive possibly could have a part in the frame rate drops especially if the drive was close to being full. I noticed that the access time of the drive is a bit on the slower side but I don’t think it would cause big frame rate drops.

nikkin

Commendable
Oct 23, 2017
It doesn’t seem like the hard drive was bad but since it is a regular hard drive it isn’t all that fast compared to even a super cheap SSD so the hard drive possibly could have a part in the frame rate drops especially if the drive was close to being full. I noticed that the access time of the drive is a bit on the slower side but I don’t think it would cause big frame rate drops.
But the issue with the frame rate started right after i changed my hardrive so if it is not my hardrive then what could it be do you think?

Simthaniel

Distinguished
May 9, 2016
It could have something to do with your graphics driver. Since you got a new hard drive you probably installed a new driver for your graphics card and that new driver might be too new for your graphics card causing some random issues such as frame rate drops.

So what graphics card do you have because if you are able to, you might want to see if you can roll back to an older driver.

nikkin

Commendable
Oct 23, 2017
It could have something to do with your graphics driver. Since you got a new hard drive you probably installed a new driver for your graphics card and that new driver might be too new for your graphics card causing some random issues such as frame rate drops.

So what graphics card do you have because if you are able to, you might want to see if you can roll back to an older driver.
My gpu is RX 470 AMD ASUS

Simthaniel

Distinguished
May 9, 2016
My gpu is RX 470 AMD ASUS
Ok, then you can go to this page and choose your operating system then choose which driver version to download. I would start with the latest driver that says “recommended“ after the revision number and see if that fixes your issue then after that if it didn’t fix it I would find the next newest one that says “recommended“ and so on or if you want to you can try to use some of the optional ones but honestly I don’t think it would make that much of a difference as long as you can find one that works properly.

Simthaniel

Distinguished
May 9, 2016
If that doesn’t work I’ll have to brainstorm some more.

Oh and don’t forget to uninstall the drivers you have currently first, then restart the computer after, then download the new drivers just to eliminate any issues that could be caused during the installation, you might also have to restart the computer after the install as well.

i was wondering if this HD tune pro test i did showed if my hardrive was the issue or not are these good speeds?
What's installed on that drive? Is it OS drive?
Can you show screenshot from HDtune health section?

BTW your benchmark scores in the screenshot are terrible. This is, how it should have looked:

Seagate-Barracuda-1TB-HD-Tune-Pro.png

nikkin

Commendable
Oct 23, 2017
Ok, then you can go to this page and choose your operating system then choose which driver version to download. I would start with the latest driver that says “recommended“ after the revision number and see if that fixes your issue then after that if it didn’t fix it I would find the next newest one that says “recommended“ and so on or if you want to you can try to use some of the optional ones but honestly I don’t think it would make that much of a difference as long as you can find one that works properly.
Sorry for the late reply i have tracked down my issue its my CPU whenever the games lag my CPU usage goes down and it is not a temprature issue i am completetly clueless at what it could be any help? it never used to do this up untill i changed my hardrive i am sure i did not touch anything or broke anything by accident.