Status
Not open for further replies.

Techxz

Honorable
Dec 22, 2015
Does anybody know how to do this such that if you take the GPU outside of its current system and put it into another system it will remember the designated settings?

I am not looking for changing it in afterburner and then requiring afterburner to load up every time I boot my system to keep the settings.

Any help on the matter would be much appreciated.

I think you need to change it in the vbios, there used to be a program called Nibitor which could do it. BUT it is very old now and probably obsolete, but that's the direction to go in.
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-bios-editor-download-nibitor.html

However the question is 'should you', if it's a minor OC or a change to the fan curve then you're probably OK, if it's closer to the edge then what you can achieve will be dependent on the mobo, PSU and cooling of the original system, so what works in one may not work in another.

Techxz

Honorable
Dec 22, 2015
I think you need to change it in the vbios, there used to be a program called Nibitor which could do it. BUT it is very old now and probably obsolete, but that's the direction to go in.
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-bios-editor-download-nibitor.html

However the question is 'should you', if it's a minor OC or a change to the fan curve then you're probably OK, if it's closer to the edge then what you can achieve will be dependent on the mobo, PSU and cooling of the original system, so what works in one may not work in another.
I am actually looking to under-clocked my GPU.

Just a few days ago it started crashing in all my 3D applications, and I tried everything from changing drivers, changing PSU, clean installing windows and even putting it in a new system altogether. It was still crashing and freezing until I under-clocked it by 100mhz on the core and 200mhz on the memory and it worked perfectly after that.

Do you have any idea what the issue may be or if you have any other fixes for it?

Thanks

Techxz

Honorable
Dec 22, 2015
Overheating is one of obvious possible reasons. Improve cooling of your pc.
The strangest thing happened! I tested the graphics card on two different systems with absolutely no overlap in components apart from the graphics card, and I even tried an old driver on one of the systems to make sure it is not a driver issue. I then took it to the store I bought it from and they stress tested it twice and told me it was perfectly working. I did not really believe them, but I took it home and low and behold it works perfectly with no afterburner under clock or anything. I have come across the weirdest problems with computer components before, but nothing quite like this.

Does anyone have a possible explanation?

Maybe a fan was stuck and it was overheating?
Grasping at straws, because intermittent problems are the weirdest. I am sure there is an answer, but now its been "fixed" it may not even come back again.
If it does, you should record it on video, so you have proof its faulty.

Techxz

Honorable
Dec 22, 2015
Maybe a fan was stuck and it was overheating?
Grasping at straws, because intermittent problems are the weirdest. I am sure there is an answer, but now its been "fixed" it may not even come back again.
If it does, you should record it on video, so you have proof its faulty.
Scratch that. It is back. Any ideas?

der-clocked my GPU.

Just a few days ago it started crashing in all my 3D applications, and I tried everything from changing drivers, changing PSU, clean installing windows and even putting it in a new system altogether. It was sti
CPU is on a custom loop and doesn't go above 60 degrees, and the GPU crashes within 30 seconds when it is only at 30 degrees. Even the underclock is not working now...

Probably a failed card, unfortunately using the watercooler voids most (maybe all) card vendor warranties.

Status
Not open for further replies.