PCSlayer3001

Commendable
Dec 16, 2019
This problem started a few months ago. My GPU is an RTX 2080 XC ULTRA, and my monitor is a BenQ XL2420TE (1080p, 144hz). A few months ago, my computer crashed, where the monitor turned off, but it sounded like the audio was still going (through the headphones), and it wouldn’t respond to me hitting the power button, so I had to force restart the PC. The problems started from there.

Now, 3/4 times on boot up, the resolution will be low (like 1086x640) and locked to 60hz (both in windows resolution settings and Nvidia control panel), or, it’ll boot up and be the correct 1920x1080p, but the colors will be washed/blurry, and locked to 60hz. The remedy that fixes this is to just restart the computer, and it goes back to normal 1080p/144hz.

What I’ve tried:
-Sfc /scannow
-DDU and clean installing an older/working driver
-getting a new DP 1.4 cable
-having all windows/display drivers up to date
-making sure ‘base video option’ is deselected for startup

I can‘t for the life of me figure out what is going on. Because when I do get it set to 1080p/144hz, it performs flawlessly. No artifacting, glitches, or slowness, so it’s hard for me to say that it’s the monitor or GPU. If anyone has any information, that’d be awesome!

EDIT- Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/PCSlayer3001/saved/#view=pgkjpg

Last edited: