Jaspreet_816

Reputable
Apr 2, 2017
So initially every game was running fine Apex legends and valorant both but then suddenly one day PC starting lagging and I checked and find it was bcoz of GPU throttling so opened it and check and thermal paste was try so I just replace it and even replaced thermal pads as old ones were dirty. I packed everything and turn the system on temps were now in control but I am still having FPS drops and lags in games where screen just freeze for a second or 2 and I don't know why it happens. After some days I see my GPU temps rising again so I took my GPU apart once again and again say that thermal is again dried out and I was shocked as I changed is 2 days before and I applied optimal amount of paste..

I again cleaned it and applied thermal paste again and this time I spread it packed it and even changed CPU paste too..

I turn my system on and I was getting idle temps of around 45-48 or 49 and it rose to 51-52 while I was watching videos and stuff on YT.. I even try to do Blender render for about half an hour and Max it went was 78-79 degrees which is fine I guess.. but after playing CS for and hour and half I again started getting stutters and lags in game like screen just freezes for a second or two.. I was constantly checking temps on my other monitor and those were fine for GPU.. Max GPU went was 74c but I am getting those stutters.. for once I opened MSI afterburner and check CPU usage stats and I was seeing some random Spikes in CPU usage to 99% and then dropping back next second.. and these spikes were not showing in task manager..

I don't know if these. Lags are because of Any Software or windows issue or it's because of some cooling or hardware issue..

Also if anyone could tell me that when I opened my GPU why thermal paste was dry just after 2 days of applying it and is 48-50c normal temps for an Idle GPU??

I have a 2060 and I used Noctua's thermal paste..

So initially every game was running fine Apex legends and valorant both but then suddenly one day PC starting lagging and I checked and find it was bcoz of GPU throttling so opened it and check and thermal paste was try so I just replace it and even replaced thermal pads as old ones were dirty. I packed everything and turn the system on temps were now in control but I am still having FPS drops and lags in games where screen just freeze for a second or 2 and I don't know why it happens. After some days I see my GPU temps rising again so I took my GPU apart once again and again say that thermal is again dried out and I was shocked as I changed is 2 days before and I applied optimal amount of paste..

I again cleaned it and applied thermal paste again and this time I spread it packed it and even changed CPU paste too..

I turn my system on and I was getting idle temps of around 45-48 or 49 and it rose to 51-52 while I was watching videos and stuff on YT.. I even try to do Blender render for about half an hour and Max it went was 78-79 degrees which is fine I guess.. but after playing CS for and hour and half I again started getting stutters and lags in game like screen just freezes for a second or two.. I was constantly checking temps on my other monitor and those were fine for GPU.. Max GPU went was 74c but I am getting those stutters.. for once I opened MSI afterburner and check CPU usage stats and I was seeing some random Spikes in CPU usage to 99% and then dropping back next second.. and these spikes were not showing in task manager..

I don't know if these. Lags are because of Any Software or windows issue or it's because of some cooling or hardware issue..

Also if anyone could tell me that when I opened my GPU why thermal paste was dry just after 2 days of applying it and is 48-50c normal temps for an Idle GPU??

please mention the specs. a gpu isn't everything for a system.

Jaspreet_816

Reputable
Apr 2, 2017
is this Tuf b450 or b450m gaming? there is variety of b450 and b450m tuf mobo
Why the hell motherboard model even matter when I know it's not a motherboard issue and definately I didn't do anything to motherboard neither I changed anything in bios..
I am not even that stupid that I don't know what affects performance and what not..
If you can't help just don't.. but please asking for stupid stuff.. like literally..
B450 is B450 it doesn't matter if it's plus or pro or m or whatever.

Why the hell motherboard model even matter when I know it's not a motherboard issue and definately I didn't do anything to motherboard neither I changed anything in bios..
I am not even that stupid that I don't know what affects performance and what not..
If you can't help just don't.. but please asking for stupid stuff.. like literally..
B450 is B450 it doesn't matter if it's plus or pro or m or whatever.
Im sorry for the inconvenience, anyways it seems like you know the drill :D

for apex, my friend used this command line in steam launch option: -dev -preload -high +fps_max 0
for valorant, reflex + boost and multithread rendering could help

but you could try this step by step (read until end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 16 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios. Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot, go to power plan, choose amd ryzen balanced, and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did) and make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4 if you use 2 sticks. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update). Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling (available on the latest win 10 update) in graphics settings like this and reboot:
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Oct 1, 2021

Have you ever checked for the viruses?