Nerdy Nerd

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016
So I have a 4k monitor and a cheap 1080p monitor and system is running windows 10 home. The 4k monitor is the monitor that I am gaming on, obviously. The 1080p monitor I use for displaying my temperature monitoring programs (msi afterburner & HWMonitor). I am able to get those 2 temp monitoring programs just on my 1080p monitor while I am not gaming, however, when I am gaming, only my sticky notes show on the secondary 1080p monitor for some reason. The sticky note is usually on my main monitor, and yes I tried leaving the temp monitoring program on main monitor and then game, but didn't work. So how can I get the temp monitoring programs to show up (so not minimize) when I start gaming?

Thanks in advance.

Nerdy Nerd

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016
So your answer, Barty, actually fixed it. So I went full screen for the HWMonitor and went in game. But once I got in game, then the msi afterburner actually showed up but not the hwmonitor. I went to video settings in game and seen the resolution was switched to 1080p, so I switched it back to 4k resolution and suddenly both programs showed up on the secondary screen. I exited the game and went back in and both programs still there, I even restarted my system and went back to the game to see both programs was still there once I opened them. So I don't exactly understand why this fixed it, but it did. Maybe when I was setting up my dual monitors today, I accidently switched the secondary as primary, then switched it back but didn't realize it switched the resolution on my game to account for the secondary monitor when it was the primary monitor. And thus when I switched in game back to 4k as primary, it fixed everything? Idk, but thanks.

TRENDING THREADS