iShoTz

Honorable
Nov 8, 2018
Looking for a good price upgrade should I buy and replace or buy a new Pc?
I have
Cpu - Pentium G4560
Gpu - GT 1030
RAM - 8 GB ddr4
PSU - 300W
Motherboard - Asus H110
120Gb SSD
250GB HD

Solution
You could easily pop a new cpu into your existing mobo (it should be compatible with 6 and 7 gen cpu's)
add a stick of ram
swap your gpu for say a 1660
and prolly a new psu as 300W is too weak to support a decent build

or you could go with a new build

But to properly help you, we need to know what you will use the pc for and also your budget
You could easily pop a new cpu into your existing mobo (it should be compatible with 6 and 7 gen cpu's)
add a stick of ram

But to properly help you, we need to know what you will use the pc for and also your budget

Solution

iShoTz

Honorable
Nov 8, 2018
add a stick of ram

But to properly help you, we need to know
what you will use the pc for and also your budget
For gaming and Multitasking, like I want to open discord and twitch with the game

Wolfshadw

Titan
I'd say just update the BIOS of the motherboard and install an Intel Core I7-7700. That's plenty of CPU power for the next few years. Next, I'd either upgrade the RAM to a 16GB Kit or Upgrade the graphics card to something like an RTX2070.

You'll want to do both of latter options, eventually, but start with the CPU.

-Wolf sends

iShoTz

Honorable
Nov 8, 2018
I'd say just update the BIOS of the motherboard and install an Intel Core I7-7700. That's plenty of CPU power for the next few years. Next, I'd either upgrade the RAM to a 16GB Kit or Upgrade the graphics card to something like an RTX2070.

You'll want to do both of latter options, eventually, but start with the CPU.

-Wolf sends
Yeah but I don’t have enough money for that. Quite expensive, I’m only 16 year old boy that doesnt work

Wolfshadw

Titan
Well, only you know what you can afford now and in the future. I would still upgrade in the order I listed, but if not an I7, then a 7th Gen Core I5. If not an RTX2070, then maybe a GTX 1060 6GB or the GTX 1660Ti. Again, only you (so far) know what your finances are like now and in the future.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: iShoTz

iShoTz

Honorable
Nov 8, 2018
Well, only you know what you can afford now and in the future. I would still upgrade in the order I listed, but if not an I7, then a 7th Gen Core I5. If not an RTX2070, then maybe a GTX 1060 6GB or the GTX 1660Ti. Again, only you (so far) know what your finances are like now and in the future.

-Wolf sends
Is there a big difference between a gtx 1060 3gb and 6gb version? Like I can buy the 3gb one half the price of the 6gb one

Yeah but I don’t have enough money for that. Quite expensive, I’m only 16 year old boy that doesnt work

So what is your budget for upgrade or a new system if you sell yours?

With the specs you have, for better gaming speeds, you will need to get a new CPU, new video card and a better power supply. Also you did not list the case size, if you have a small case you may not even be able to fit any decent card in there or a power supply to run it.

Yes, but not a massive difference, the 3GB will be ok for the next 2-3 years. I'd get the 6GB one anyways because nowadays 4GB of VRAM is the minimum for futureproofing.
That statement still isn't true.
Games use what they can and even the latest games at 1080p most struggle to even use 3gb and generally its about 2.5GB
But yes, future games will use more, but that doesn't mean the game will be hugely impacted as they have to make games work for the masses.
He would be better off getting a Rx570 4gb or Rx580 4gb

But as everyone has been asking what his budget is, no one knows and he won't tell anyone

iShoTz

Honorable
Nov 8, 2018
So what is your budget for upgrade or a new system if you sell yours?

With the specs you have, for better gaming speeds, you will need to get a new CPU, new video card and a better power supply. Also you did not list the case size, if you have a small case you may not even be able to fit any decent card in there or a power supply to run it.
I think its a middle one not small or very big

iShoTz

Honorable
Nov 8, 2018
That statement still isn't true.
Games use what they can and even the latest games at 1080p most struggle to even use 3gb and generally its about 2.5GB
But yes, future games will use more, but that doesn't mean the game will be hugely impacted as they have to make games work for the masses.
He would be better off getting a Rx570 4gb or Rx580 4gb

But as everyone has been asking what his budget is, no one knows and he won't tell anyone
I think imma get a Evga 500w psu and gtx 1060, then ill save for the i5 or i7 7th gen

iShoTz

Honorable
Nov 8, 2018
I have
Cpu- Pentium G4560 3.50Ghz
Gpu-GT1030
Ram:8GB ddr4
Psu-300w (getting New evga 500w)
Motherboard: Asus H110M-R
I’m planning on upgrading the gpu, should I get a Gtx 1060 3gb or RX 570 4GB, Which one that won’t bottleneck and work better for my cpu?

FatheredPuma81

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2013
I'd recommend a GTX 1050 at the absolute best honestly with that CPU unless you plan on playing at 1440p or 4k. Although due to pricing i'd realistically recommend the RX 570 from eBay if you can find one for $60-$70.