Status
Not open for further replies.

sargentchimera

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
I have an LG E8 TV and it is great, no issues streaming in HDR, but HDR PC gaming is a mess.
With HDR on every few seconds the screen flickers black. I have noticed that when it does flicker, the TV shows it is switching between HDR and SDR, and this flickering can last 5-30 seconds with as much time in-between fits. Gameplay is fine without HDR enabled.

I have spent hours changing and testing variables, using the Nvidia control panel to force RGB, 4:2:0, 4:2:2., 4:4:4, mixing 8 bit, 10 bit, 12 bit, full and limited ranges, changing TV display options, changing resolutions / refresh rates, changing how the TV recognizes the PC, changing ports on the TV, updating drivers, changing out to EXPENSIVE HDMI cords, tried running it through a receiver, all to no avail.

I have been trying off and on for months to find a solution.

I am running the latest version of Windows 10 / GeForce drivers and am using a GTX 2080.

Any help is truly appreciated!

Solution
From my experience, if anything is going on in the background, Windows will happily switch back to SDR mode. It's the main reason I abandoned HDR on PC; the implementation is horrid.
Status
Not open for further replies.