georgikahchiev2000

Prominent
Dec 27, 2018
Hello,I've had the issue of my pc randomly crashing to the desktop while gaming.I've had the PC for 2 years and the problem has been there since the beginning.It seems to happen on every game however it happens most frequently on more demmanding games like open world (ex Batman Arkham Knight,Witcher 3,Fortnite) but other games crash as well just not as often.Its a prebuild pc so i sent it to the service and I've been told the machine wan under stress test and no hardware issue was found and its probably software so they just returned it to me.I however severely doubt its something to do with software as I've tried everything to resolve it with no results.
Software things I've tried:
Updating Drivers
Reinstalling Windows 10
Installing newest updates from Windows Update
Updating BIOS
Scanning for Viruses

PC specs:
ASUS H110M-CS/C/SI s. 1151 ddr4
Intel I5-7600 3.5ghz/6MB/BOX/LGA1151
J&A 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz
TOSHIBA 1TB DT01ACA100 3.5 32MB SATA 3
Fortron FSP SP-400A PSU 120mm (I've changed it because I thought the PSU might be te issue)
ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5

Also I think its worth mentioning that I've been monitoring the CPU and GPU temperatures via SpeedFan but overheating doesnt seem to be the cause since the crash can happen shortly after starting a game or 2hours in (its completely random) but Im no expert Im willing to try everything to get to the bottom of this issue.I also have been saving some of the events that appeared in windows event viewer will post the latest one i had with Fortnite View: https://imgur.com/a/mGSo3BF
but if needed will post more if they are of any help.Hopefully someone can help me with this :)

georgikahchiev2000

Prominent
Dec 27, 2018
Looks like a problem with "ntdll.dll"
It's a fairly common issue.
Luckily, there is already an answer at Microsoft.
Thanks for the response i doubt thats the issue since from time to time the event log varries and displays soemething different and ive reinstalled windows multiple times since i discovered the issue so how is this thing always the problem even with fresh windows . That being said I will try it your suggestion and will write back here.Thanks again!

Jul 24, 2019
Thanks for the response i doubt thats the issue since from time to time the event log varries and displays soemething different and ive reinstalled windows multiple times since i discovered the issue so how is this thing always the problem even with fresh windows . That being said I will try it your suggestion and will write back here.Thanks again!

If you get different messages, then I'd suggest eliminating one issue after another.

Also, bad RAM might be the cause of your issues. Have you tried swapping for other kit?

georgikahchiev2000

Prominent
Dec 27, 2018
Looks like a problem with "ntdll.dll"
It's a fairly common issue.
Luckily, there is already an answer at Microsoft.
I tried the second method on the thing you suggested but the message i get when trying to reinstall the dll is "the module "ntdll.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found. make sure the 'ntdll.dll' is a valid dll or ocx file and then try again. " You also said it might be a RAM issue.what makes you think that is it because the error in the event is not the same everytime?I think it varies from game to game but the crash is always identical it just freezes and im back to the desktop.Some games wont even show anything in the event viewer

Jul 24, 2019
I've read somewhere that ntdll.dll issue may be cause by bad RAM, and sometimes even by some weird combinations of drives connected to the same cable. Though the latter was mostly in the IDE era.
If you have a friend with compatible RAM sticks, maybe you can borrow them and try it.