ClassV

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2016
Having a serious and consistent problem now with my PC

On Idle, with no youtube etc... PC can go to sleep and not wake up unless I manual restart. Alternatively, it will just freeze the screen and need a hard reset to be usable again.

When gaming, it can disconnect random USB ports and create a large stutter that disconnects keyboard, mouse, mic, etc... For the mic I can just refresh the inputs and continue but for keyboard and mouse it seems to need a hard reset. I have tried using every USB port on my PC to counter this and it yields the same results.

There is now a new bug where watching youtube, for the first minute or so the video will be fine, and then sound will cut from all programs, and the video will be permanently buffering. It has actually happened as I am writing this, and takes sound away from any program on the computer, needing a hard reset to fix it.

I have no idea why any of this is happening, I thought this had all been fixed several months ago from my prior threads, but it seems to have come back randomly.

I'll list all of my components below and be actively checking the thread.

Also, aside from the video card, and backup HDD/SSD (not local drive) all of the components were upgrades over the last time this issue happened, so they shouldn't be the problem however anything can happen I understand.

It is also of note that I have not received a single BSOD, it has only been unusable restarts and freezes requiring restarts

COMPONENTS:
Gigabyte 2070 Super
Intel i5 12600K - Cooler Master Hyper 212
32 GB G Skill Ripjaws - 2x8, 2x8
WD Black 1 TB M.2 SSD
WD Blue 1 TB HDD
Adata su800 1TB SSD
EVGA 850 B5

USB INPUTS:
Model O Wireless - Receiver and charger cable
Logitech G Pro Keyboard & Corsair K70 TKL
Behringer U-Phoria UMC22 Audio interface - Samson Q2U Mic & HyperX earbuds connected

Lutfij

Titan
EVGA 850 B5
How old is the PSU in your build?

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? Can you see what your temps are at this moment of time for both idle and when taxed? What OS are you working with? Can you see if the issue persists when you're powering the system without the discrete GPU and going about things that cause the system to lock up?

ClassV

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2016
EVGA 850 B5
How old is the PSU in your build?

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? Can you see what your temps are at this moment of time for both idle and when taxed? What OS are you working with? Can you see if the issue persists when you're powering the system without the discrete GPU and going about things that cause the system to lock up?
Away from the computer at the moment so I will give you what information I can and then update/reply with info from the pc like bios etc…

The PSU was purchased less than a year ago, I believe around October 2022. It was one of the first things I upgraded trying to combat previous problems. I am running on windows 11, and the problem originally occurred on the prior build with windows 10, and persisted after the upgrade to 11. However this current build is windows 11 only, fresh from install.

Last thing I can answer for now is about the GPU, I have the i5-12600kf so I don’t have an iGPU if you were asking me to try the system without it. If that wasn’t what you meant sorry just a little confused.