Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2020
Hi,
So i bought the 6pack kit of darkflash dr12 pro rgb fans and I connected all 6 fans to the hub, in order, so from 1-6 (there are 8 connection points), then I connected the hub, which is molex to my power supply, so the hub is powered, ass well as the fans, but when I turn on my pc, the fans start spinning, but the LED's doesn't turn on. There also is a mobo sync port, but this cable has a 5v, 3pin connection and my motherboard only has a 4pin connector. Is it necessary to connect this cable to be able to turn on the LED's or is there something else I am missing or doing wrong?

Solution
First, do NOT connect this unit to your 4-pin plain RGB mobo header. The 12 VDC power line on that mobo port can damage your ARGB system permanently!

I note that, on the remote control box with your system, there is a button labelled "M/B Sync". This is to allow you to switch between two options: either the controller box itself controls the lights according to the buttons on that remote box, OR you tell it NOT to do that and just do whatever is dictated by the input from a mobo ARGB header. But you do NOT have such an input available. Now it is entirely possible that the light / fan controller is set by default to expect to have that external input. So, push that M/B Sync button once to switch to control by the remote box in your...

jorendebruyne

Reputable
May 20, 2018
Hi

I also got these fans, but I don't have the issue you discribe...

I have connected 4 fans to the hub and the hub with molex.
Faulty hub? Since the fans spin, i can't really see an other problem. You tried the remote control?

I don't have the right Mobo connector. I just don't have it attached.

Mar 2, 2021
Hi,
So i bought the 6pack kit of darkflash dr12 pro rgb fans and I connected all 6 fans to the hub, in order, so from 1-6 (there are 8 connection points), then I connected the hub, which is molex to my power supply, so the hub is powered, ass well as the fans, but when I turn on my pc, the fans start spinning, but the LED's doesn't turn on. There also is a mobo sync port, but this cable has a 5v, 3pin connection and my motherboard only has a 4pin connector. Is it necessary to connect this cable to be able to turn on the LED's or is there something else I am missing or doing wrong?

I have the same issue bro. Have you figure it out?

May 31, 2021
Hi👋
I had the exact same problem with the same fan
U have to disconnect VDG cable from the mobo
If that didn't work let me now I can help u
Hey @Anassziz ! I have the same issue and i disconnected the VDG cable from the mobo and still nothing! Do you have any guess? Do you know if i can chance the voltage that my MOLEX cables are powering the fans hub?

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
First, do NOT connect this unit to your 4-pin plain RGB mobo header. The 12 VDC power line on that mobo port can damage your ARGB system permanently!

I note that, on the remote control box with your system, there is a button labelled "M/B Sync". This is to allow you to switch between two options: either the controller box itself controls the lights according to the buttons on that remote box, OR you tell it NOT to do that and just do whatever is dictated by the input from a mobo ARGB header. But you do NOT have such an input available. Now it is entirely possible that the light / fan controller is set by default to expect to have that external input. So, push that M/B Sync button once to switch to control by the remote box in your hand, then use its buttons to adjust lights. See if that works.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.