Odonix

Honorable
Oct 1, 2016
So I have been dealing with a few issues for a while now and finally decided to ask you lovely people for some help/suggestions.

Problem 1
I will occasionally experience screen tearing, I notice it when playing games and when just scrolling through a website or on Discord. I keep my video drivers up to date and have even done a clean install of them in safe mode. My windows is also up to date.

Problem 2
I will occasionally crash and get a blue screen with the error VIDEO TDR FAILURE, which is the reason why I have reinstalled my graphics driver, not once, but twice.

Problem 3
I very annoyingly have to deal with my PC just not displaying when it powers on. Happens very often, I have to keep restarting it until it finally decides to display. I have checked all the cables including the one going to my monitor. I have been dealing with this issue the longest; I have made a previous post on this and I thought it had been fixed after I got a new power supply. However, even though it had stopped doing it for a long while, it then steadily picked up pace and now does it a lot again.

I have a feeling my graphics card may be dying? Not sure, but I hope not. Overall it seems my computer just doesn't perform as well as it used to, lower fps in games than I remember, and I have even clean installed a few times.
I want to build a new PC but kind of waiting and hoping the prices drop soon.

Any comments/help is appreciated, thanks!

Processor: AMD FX 8350
AIO: NZXT Kraken X72
Motherboard: ASRock 970M PRO3 Micro ATX
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR3-1600 CL9
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7,200RPM 256MB Cache HDD (x2)
Graphics Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6 GB GAMING LE
Case: NZXT Noctis 450
PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-750 80+ Titanium

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Jun 12, 2015
I have a feeling my graphics card may be dying? Not sure, but I hope not.
980ti is about 7 years old or so now. It could be the card... I had a 980 in my last PC and it lasted 5 years before its thermal paste stopped working and it run at 65c all the time.. but I replaced PC 3 days after that happened anyway.

when you reinstalled drivers each time, did you run DDU to remove old ones?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Jun 12, 2015
I have a feeling my graphics card may be dying? Not sure, but I hope not.
980ti is about 7 years old or so now. It could be the card... I had a 980 in my last PC and it lasted 5 years before its thermal paste stopped working and it run at 65c all the time.. but I replaced PC 3 days after that happened anyway.

Odonix

Honorable
Oct 1, 2016

Yes I did use DDU and did a clean install. Maybe I will have to look into changing the thermal compound :unsure:

ASK THE COMMUNITY