Droid

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with Droid.
  1. B

    What to do with old PC?

    Guys, I just build a new gaming rig and now I have this old pc laying around. Do people still buy old pc? or should I sell the 580 and trash everything else? The pc specs.. Intel 2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.4ghz 4 gig Ram 700 Watt PS Raidmax Case GTX 580
  2. C

    Where can I find a guide that explains every thing I could even need to know about building a computer?

    From what each line of numbers and letters mean, to how to tell if something is compatibly or not. I need a reference guide that will allow me to figure out the answers to my question's on my own.
  3. F

    Having a problem with flickering in just about every game

    I just started noticing this a couple weeks ago, I thought at first I was maybe being hypersensitive but after trying to ignore the issue I jus't cant anymore. It seems like my graphics have suddenly taken on a flickery/shimmery quality, it is most noticeable on distant objects, textures, and...
  4. D

    Network Setup Suggestions

    Hiya I am trying to setup a network and been looking around for some time now. What I would like is as following. Router -> Switch -> Wireless (2 access points) Now the kicker is, this is easy, if you want to deal with multiple management tools. In my "perfect" scenario, I would like for...
  5. T

    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when installing AMD graphics driver

    I just finished a brand new homebuild for a friend that included an XFX R9 280 Raedon graphics card. It runs a fresh install of windows 8.1, and crashes with a Blue Screen when I am installing the graphics card drivers from the disc that came with it. I've tried looking around, and can't find...
  6. S

    First time builder, how do I best connect my GPU to the PSU?

    Hi, can someone please explain how I should properly connect my card to the PSU? I have a XFX Double Dissipation r9 290, and a SeaSonic SSR-650RM PSU The card included 1 6-pin to 4-pin power cable, and 1 8-pin to 6-pin power cable. I think everything was included in the PSU. I've read that if...
  7. F

    First time building a gaming pc need HELP

    Hi guys so im thinking of buidling a gaming pc i just want to know if this is a good setup if not can you guys give me an alternative with same price and i want to know if the motherboard supports the cpu straight out of the box here is what im thinking of getting. RAM - Crucial 8GB (2x 4GB)...
  8. Kevin L

    Pentium G3258 Overheating?

    I built my grandma a computer for Christmas, and I'm stress testing it basically just for fun, since it won't be overclocked. I ran prime95 and used core temp to measure the temperature. For some odd reason, the temperature seemed a bit jittery, and its max was nearly 90c! I am aware that is way...
  9. Angel Potchekansky

    AMD Radeon R9 270x display driver crashed and has recovered (amdkmdap)

    Hello, I am using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and I have been experiencing quite an annoying problem on my PC, which is as it follows: whatever program is working, freezes, audio (if there is any) continues, the screen turns black, then starts up again and everything is as if nothing had happened...
  10. J

    anyone who has CM N600 come in

    planning to get CM N600 KKN2, watched some reviews on youtube but all i have seen were only unboxing .. anyone here who is currently using who can share some info's whether it has good cable management and airflow? if possible can you share idle temps of procs and gpu on N600 case
  11. T

    what do you think about my build ?

    hi my budget is 1860$ i am not going to overclock my cpu so i think i don't need cpu cooler? and i might get a cheaper mother board if i am not going to overclock my cpu. i want to get batter rams, maybe 16 Gb and do you think that the hertz in the ram is going to make a big difference in the pc...
  12. K

    Will these components work with this MoBo

    Hi i am looking to upgrade my pc around just after Christmas, and was wondering if the MSI 970 Gaming AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard would work with the rest of my components? PSU 550 watts Processor AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor Manufacturer AMD Speed 3.6 GHz Number...
  13. connar

    what is a better heatsink then the stock lga1155

    hi im wanting to buy a better heat sink but i want it to be the same size as the stock one or smaller :pt1cable:
  14. A

    Found a super cheap 780, go sli or get a 980

    Hi all I've currently got a single gtx 780 and a 1440p monitor. Now that the 980 has come out, I can get a gigabyte ghz edition 780 for £230. This is in comparison to the ~£460 of the 980. I can't imagine the 780 price is going to stay this low, so I was wondering if you guys thought I...
  15. D

    Mw3 PC abient occlusuion

    i have turned on ambient occlusion on mw3 pc and now MW3 is saying input not supported PLUS i cant see anything when i launch mw3 game so i cant turn ambient occlsuion off PLZ HELP.
  16. T

    if an adapter is just plugged into a wall jack is it using power? the green light is on

    My son says Microsoft rep told him that if an adapter is just plugged into a wall socket yet not plugged into or charging a computer then the adapter isn't using any power. That doesn't make sense to me since there must be using some 'power' for the little green light to come on, even if it's...
  17. IamReact

    is this good or bad?

    Im a noob and trying to learn so is this good or bad ram? http://i.imgur.com/zgPK5sH.png
  18. T

    CPU Thermal paste.

    Ok i just bought a Cooler master Hyper 212 sunday morning. i installed it sunday afternoon. it works great i love it. but i just went and got a new fan for it, one with LED's on it. i started changing the fan today and when doing so i spun the heat exchanger just a tiny bit. My question is...
  19. baniDJ

    Gaming laptop for this budget

    Which one of these laptops are the best for gaming? 1. http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-V5-552P-X617-15-6-Inch-Touchscreen/dp/B00FS4UNG4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404412693&sr=8-1&keywords=acer+v5 or 2...
  20. G

    best amd r7 265

    which manufacturer is best? which has best cooling?
  21. MostWantedSoulRider

    What is the best and inexpensive graphics card?

    I would like to know if there is any inexpensive graphics card that would render 8X MSAA smoothly? Update 1: I expect frames to fall at least 60 per second.
  22. S

    PC keeps shutting down .

    Hi , my pc keep shutting down and turn on after 2 hours . or i can turn it on through reseting CMOS Battery and Swiching jumpers , but the question is whats next ? what do i have to do to keep it up ? Everytime i unplugg the cable from the power supply it keeps being off for 2 hours . any idea...
  23. Karan Swaich

    Removing GTX 670. Using Intel HD integrated.

    Hey there guys, I have a quick question. I'm in the process of upgrading my video card and I want to sell my current card to pay for a PSU upgrade. I wanted to know if I could take my GTX 670 out of my machine, then install the HD integrated graphics that come with my i7-3770k. Would that allow...
  24. F

    First PC Build

    I'm looking to build my first PC. I will be using it for gaming and video editing so graphics and "smoothness" of operations is my main focus.I have some options in mind, would just like some insight/ opinions on what I have in mind so far. CPU: Intel i7 4770k 3.4GHz MoBo: ASUS z87 pro OR MSI...
  25. C

    About "AMD SATA Controller"

    My setup is: AMD mainboard, AMD VGA and a HDD. First, I changed some bios options for "ahci" After that W7 installed. In Device Manager, in "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" tab, my harddisk's label was "Standart AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller" But after installing chipset driver and Catalyst...
  26. L

    Best monitor 1080p for under 200 AUD not USD

    Hey guys, I finished my build recently and been using a sucky 1280x1024 hp monitor as it was the only one at work. What will the best bang for buck monitor for 200 AUD. I'm willing to spend 20 bucks more if does make a huge colour appearance. Thanks, Matt/Limitz
  27. T

    Want to put W8 on SSD but have W7 on HDD. Help!?

    I currently have Windows 7 Home Premium on my HDD (Custom built PC btw) but i dont have an SSD. I want to get Windows 8 and also an SSD so i can have faster boot times etc. But since W7 is already on my HDD and i want to put W8 on an SSD what would i have to do to make that work? Do i set the...
  28. H

    copy/paste help

    How do you force copy/paste an entire drive WITHOUT having to answer questions like "file is a system file do you really want to copy" or "folder already exists do you want to copy". In other words is there a way to Xcopy [source] *.* [destination] /E /C /Q /H /R /Y using a windowsxp copy/paste...
  29. M

    Network Driver Needed

    Hey guys i just got a Dell Inspiron M731-5735 with windows 8 installed. I'm not too fond of windows 8 so I downgraded to windows 7 and everything went well. Until i had to find drivers. I can't connect to the internet with that laptop because the only drivers I found only support windows 8...
  30. A

    Concerns about my loop

    HI guys, i finished putting my loop together today and i've got one concern about the loop. The top part, the tube that goes from the CPU to the res empties out when i switch off the pump. Is that normal and ok? Or am i doing something wrong? This is my first water cooling loop so advice on any...
  31. G

    my clint when opened shared folder tht"accec dinaid ?

    I am server administrator. my clint pc shared folder openthen"accec dinaid" . ? please sold my problomes........
  32. G

    If your modem is bad would your router help your internet connection

    Hello, i am trying to set up my wireless internet but it says that my modem is bad but i can still use the internet but not the wireless internet
  33. G

    Connecting Mac or iPad to wireless router causes PC to crash

    Hello, I have a Win 7 PC connected wirelessly to a modem/router. Normally, all works fine. But when I connect either my iPad or my girlfriend's Mac to the modem/router wirelessly, my PC instantly either locks up or reboots. It happens every time. All devices have latest OS software. Please help!
  34. R

    How to reinstall win 7 on laptop

    So my hdd on the laptop has completely failed on me and i need to buy a new hdd. The question i have is can i buy a win 7 64 oem and use the liscence key that is under the laptop to activate it so i can save the one it comes with cause i will be building a computer soon and would like to use the...
  35. D

    Please Help Admin Login versus my profile login. (WINXP PRO)

    Hello just wanted to know if anyone can help me out with this issue. What happened is I just installed a new Hard Drive and a fresh windows install (XP Pro with Service pack 3). After all was installed it logged into my account (Me) which was my account with Administrator privileges. I did a...
  36. C

    Moving files from XP

    I just built a new computer with Windows 7. I bought a new hard drive for it, and now I would like to copy some files from my XP hard drive. I've put the XP hard drive into my Windows 7 PC. One file I would like to copy is in the Application Data folder in XP (Firefox bookmarks). I can't read...
  37. S

    How To Turn Your PC Into a WiFi Hotspot

    The first thing you will need to make sure is that you have both an ethernet port and a wifi adapter. What we are going to do is basically take the internet connection you are getting out of the wall from the rj-45 and then instead of take in wifi like usual we will be transmitting it so all of...
  38. Q

    How to install new drivers

    Hi, I recently built a new gaming system with Gigabyte 7850. I want to install the drivers available on the AMD website... need guidance on the same. Do i have to install only the latest drivers released or the earlier ones as well. Thanks
  39. C

    Can dell 620 take win7

    I am thinking of upgrading my Dell 620 laptop to Win7. Are there any issues with drivers etc. Thanks for any help. (email removed by moderator)
  40. T

    Replacing Saitek Joystick

    Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?) For several years I have been happily using a Saitek X36F/X35T joystick/throttle combo (gameport version), but now I am using XP, I can't seem to get the programmable buttons to work. Certainly I get an error when I try and...