May 13, 2019
Another topic just like this was previously created by someone else but too old (2010), and at end no one mentioned how to do it.
So, now, after 9 years , how to do it?
Please don't suggest me getting a new mobo.
If i wanted to, i wouldn't wait and waste my time. I know this isn't an easy work, but if it needs to change motherboard ROM chip's molecular atom arrangements, i would do it.;)
It's about all software or hardware? Or both?
Needs soldering, adding extra parts..?

Last edited:
May 13, 2019
We need detailed info and help if somebody knows something.
I can't believe, i could do it on even most potato smartphones, PCs should have a wider workspace, like editing bios and like this.

You don't.

If your motherboard does not allow for overclocking, you cannot change frequency.
If you wanted to overclock you should have bought a z series motherboard.

Editing base clock shouldn't do anything on a b250 board.

Funny thing is, back before 2010 many OEM machines such as Dell, HP or Lenovo were overclockable, just by pad or pin-modding the CPU to a different stock FSB.

What happened? They got rid of the FSB, and BCLK overclocking has the same issues that motherboards did 20 years ago without AGP/PCI locks, namely that you quickly run into other limitations such as corruption of the disks or the sound/video failing. All this so they could charge extra for special unlocked-multiplier CPUs and selectable-multiplier chipsets, for market-segmentation.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS